X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

PE 'Sales'

I'm looking at ordering some passive radiators that are currently on 'sale', but I was curious if that is really a thing with PE or if some items are just on perpetual sale? Need to know whether I should jump the gun now and save a few bucks.
    - Danny
  • carlthess40
    • Jun 2019

If you will ever be in need of them , I would buy them now.
    Prices will be and are going UP and will never go back down. So I’d say jump now and not later

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Without knowing which ones you're interested in and why, it's hard to give a firm recommendation. But in general I agree with carlthess40; I particularly like the RSS parts because they're well spec'd and documented, and very adjustable and come with full weight sets. And compared to other higher end parts, the pricing is reasonable. RSS265PR and RSS315PR are particularly useful with some of the designs I've been working on.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• technodanvan
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2009

I think I sent you an email Jon. This is for several RSS265PRs. Purchase made, even if they're backordered I imagine I'll save some bucks compared to a few months from now. Thank you gentlemen!
        - Danny

Comment

• wolf_teeth
          • Feb 2011

Sometimes they have sales and then when the sale is over, the price goes up. I've seen this happen on more than one occasion.

Wolf

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by technodanvan
            I think I sent you an email Jon. This is for several RSS265PRs. Purchase made, even if they're backordered I imagine I'll save some bucks compared to a few months from now. Thank you gentlemen!
            I haven't seen it yet, haven't caught up with some things, as we've been busy finishing the house contract signing and getting money wired to the title company- today we're driving to Cour d'Alene because that's the closest place now with a BOA office, as they shut all their offices in the Boise area. Surprise, surprise!

Have a last bit of money (about $20K) that needs to be transferred from them- will spend the night there, it's about a 7 hour drive from here.

I've got 4 on hand right now, but I better get some on back order, too!
            the AudioWorx
            Natalie P
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Obi-Wan
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• CADman_ks
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JonMarsh
              I haven't seen it yet, haven't caught up with some things, as we've been busy finishing the house contract signing and getting money wired to the title company- today we're driving to Cour d'Alene because that's the closest place now with a BOA office, as they shut all their offices in the Boise area. Surprise, surprise!

Have a last bit of money (about $20K) that needs to be transferred from them- will spend the night there, it's about a 7 hour drive from here.

Probably already too late, but could you have had them just wire transfer any amount of money that you wanted out of there?

We just sold something that was sub $100K, and had the buyers wire us the money from their bank. You can wire money from any institution to any other institution. There's a very nominal fee, but you do get the money...
              CADman_ks
              - Stentorian build...
              - Ochocinco build...
              - BT speaker / sub build...

Comment

• JonMarsh
                Mad Max Moderator
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CADman_ks
                Probably already too late, but could you have had them just wire transfer any amount of money that you wanted out of there?

We just sold something that was sub $100K, and had the buyers wire us the money from their bank. You can wire money from any institution to any other institution. There's a very nominal fee, but you do get the money...
                That's what we've been doing, but BOA closed all their offices in the Boise Metro area, and we had to go into an office of theirs to get this done. Did the deed on Friday, the gal handling it thought the timing was past the cut-off time for the day, but we got confirmation from our Title company that it went through. We got back about an hour ago....

The Title company sent an email at 2:30 PM saying it was received and everything is in order and on schedule; the funding and recording should proceed as expected on Monday- keys either late Monday or on Tuesday.

Believe me, I'm glad that's done! Wire transfers are typically $30 these days (at Wells Fargo and Bank of America) at the credit union back in the SF Bay Area it was only $20.
                the AudioWorx
                Natalie P
                M8ta
                Modula Neo DCC
                Modula MT XE
                Modula Xtreme
                Isiris
                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                Minerva Monitor
                Calliope
                Ardent D

In Development...
                Obi-Wan
                Modula PWB
                Calliope CC Supreme
                Natalie P Ultra
                Natalie P Supreme
                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• CADman_ks
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                  That's what we've been doing, but BOA closed all their offices in the Boise Metro area, and we had to go into an office of theirs to get this done. Did the deed on Friday, the gal handling it thought the timing was past the cut-off time for the day, but we got confirmation from our Title company that it went through. We got back about an hour ago....

The Title company sent an email at 2:30 PM saying it was received and everything is in order and on schedule; the funding and recording should proceed as expected on Monday- keys either late Monday or on Tuesday.

Believe me, I'm glad that's done! Wire transfers are typically $30 these days (at Wells Fargo and Bank of America) at the credit union back in the SF Bay Area it was only $20.
                  Well, that sucks. Glad that it all worked out! Enjoy the new place!!
                  CADman_ks
                  - Stentorian build...
                  - Ochocinco build...
                  - BT speaker / sub build...

Comment

• JonMarsh
                    Mad Max Moderator
                    • Aug 2000

Ordered the Epoxy-Coat kit today- not inexpensive, but very complete and reputation for high quality.

Next will be some concrete caulk (two kinds) and some additional tools. I'm jazzed...
                    the AudioWorx
                    Natalie P
                    M8ta
                    Modula Neo DCC
                    Modula MT XE
                    Modula Xtreme
                    Isiris
                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                    Minerva Monitor
                    Calliope
                    Ardent D

In Development...
                    Obi-Wan
                    Modula PWB
                    Calliope CC Supreme
                    Natalie P Ultra
                    Natalie P Supreme
                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• technodanvan
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009

Did you check out the Garage Journal forum before selecting your product? That's where I found most of the useful information when I coated a closet.
                      - Danny

Comment

• capslock
                        • Dec 2004

Can't believe you guys are still doing checks and credit cards. Found it funny when I spent a year in the US 35 years ago. You know that we can send each other money inside the EU for free and next business day just by logging into our bank account or using an app, or immedeatly for a nominal free (I believe it is € 2)?

Comment

• JonMarsh
                          Mad Max Moderator
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by capslock
                          Can't believe you guys are still doing checks and credit cards. Found it funny when I spent a year in the US 35 years ago. You know that we can send each other money inside the EU for free and next business day just by logging into our bank account or using an app, or immedeatly for a nominal free (I believe it is € 2)?
                          No checks, but wiring $300K or $100K or $20K is a bit different matter... there's more security involved than a phone app supports.

But hey, the title company called me about 9:30 AM, it's all gone through now and recorded, so my agent will be picking up the keys and we'll meet her for lunch at 2 in Eagle.
                          the AudioWorx
                          Natalie P
                          M8ta
                          Modula Neo DCC
                          Modula MT XE
                          Modula Xtreme
                          Isiris
                          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                          Minerva Monitor
                          Calliope
                          Ardent D

In Development...
                          Obi-Wan
                          Modula PWB
                          Calliope CC Supreme
                          Natalie P Ultra
                          Natalie P Supreme
                          Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"