Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolf_teeth
    • Feb 2011

Speakerbench...

Jeff Candy, and another known outside our DIY community have designed a new web-based tool, and it looks good to me:
    Speakerbench is a web-based application created by Jeff Candy (San Diego, CA) and Claus Futtrup (SEAS, Norway), combining several special-purpose modules aimed at low-frequency analysis and design of loudspeakers. According to the authors, the online tool is made available to whoever might find it useful, including the loudspeaker DIY community. The authors encourage user feedback and even invite software developers to implement the techniques.

Utilizing a double-delta-mass and semi-inductance, it seems a new valid tool in our arsenal.

The future of DIY looks good,
    ​​​​​​​Wolf
  • chrisn
    • Sep 2007

Interesting, I wonder how much the results differ?

Comment

• kimmosto
      • Dec 2006

Dual added mass method and radiator simulation with Knudsen LOG model was added to VituixCAD 2.0.45.0 (2020-03-19) - 2.0.46.1 (2020-03-22). See pdf user manual, pages 32...35. Differences in SPL and impedance response are quite small so this is not mandatory for product selection and designing enclosure. I think it's more valuable for driver manufacturers to get more accurate T/S (BL, Mms) to datasheets.
      VituixCAD, Features, User manual, Measurements with CLIO, ARTA, REW, SoundEasy, Download

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"