Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Manning
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JonMarsh
    I stocked up on this one and a couple of others by him from Amazon just now. Instant gratification... Well, almost.
    For slightly more on the instant side of things ...... http://www.hdtracks.com/covered-the-...apitol-studios
    Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

Comment

• mkc
      • Aug 2007

Thank you Steve. I only have it on CD.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

So it's been nearly a year, I know Jon has had a heck of a year but was just curious if there were any plans to revisit this? Kind of forgot about this until reading around today and coming across it.

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

I picked up GF's daughter this morning from Oakland airport. GF is at inpatient hospice care since yesterday afternoon, not doing at all well over the last several days. Probably only has several days to do, but considering the suffering, that is probably a blessing of sorts. These will not be easy days, but both her children are here now. I hope that brings some additional comfort to her...

So, a lot of things have been on hold since 2016 when this started.

I am looking at N26 for several possibilities. There have been several smaller speaker configurations under consideration in late 2016.

Best thing I heard today from our VP is that the bossman of our group is leaving, to seek a new opportunity either elsewhere in our company or outside, and the newish guy in marketing they picked to replace him could easily be a 20:1 improvement, in my book, based on the interactions I've had with him to date.

I have suspicions... never under estimate the power of the dark side. This is not of his choosing, I believe, and may be directly or indirectly due to messing around with a certain Sith Lord. We will never know for sure, but it doesn't matter, given the very desirable outcome.

:T
          the AudioWorx
          Natalie P
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jonasz
            • Nov 2004

I am looking at N26 for several possibilities. There have been several smaller speaker configurations under consideration in late 2016.
            I read over at the PE forum Transducer Lab is out of business... Hopefully they will be back in one form or another.

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Yeah Jon I knew you had a lot going on so wasn't pushing for anything was just curious since I had seen you around the forums a bit the last few days. That's tough for sure, going through a similar thing with our grandmother as well and pancreatic cancer that we just found out about.

Watching loved ones suffer is certainly hard.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                Mad Max Moderator
                • Aug 2000

It definitely is.

Neuroendocrine pancreatic cancer is easily treatable at stage 1, often treatable at stage 2, only occasionally treatable at stage 3, and usually just for younger people- have an acquaintance on a circuit simulation forum from England that has reportedly beaten it (CRA19 blood marker levels in the noise floor) via an aggressive combination of chemo and radiation, but if it's advanced stage 3 they often can't shrink the tumor enough with Chemo to use radiation because the chemo is too hard on the body, (for older people) and they have to discontinue it before they reach the necessary size reduction. That was the case here. Then, after a while, the 2nd type of chemo looses it's effectiveness as the cancer adjusts to that and starts growing and spreading again.

Very sad... like watching a train wreck in super slow motion...

My condolences for your family...
                the AudioWorx
                Natalie P
                M8ta
                Modula Neo DCC
                Modula MT XE
                Modula Xtreme
                Isiris
                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                Minerva Monitor
                Calliope
                Ardent D

In Development...
                Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                Obi-Wan
                Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                Modula PWB
                Calliope CC Supreme
                Natalie P Ultra
                Natalie P Supreme
                Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Yeah sadly she's 77 and they said there's nothing they can do. Her health hasn't been great for years either.

Comment

• johanson
                    • Oct 2020

ou know, I have a pair of Millennium Excel's around, there's some measurements I've done already- just 2.83 VRMS drive-

Click image for larger version  Name:	SeasMilleniumExcelDistortion.png Views:	0 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	935884

And some axis plots....

Click image for larger version  Name:	SeasMilleniumCurves.png Views:	0 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	935885

I've always felt like the pair I got wasn't particularly smooth, though they average out OK....

I tried them in a waveguide, too--

0 - 30 degree range

25 - 40 degree range

Millenium Excel distortion in waveguide:

As you might expect, distortion lowered in the 2 - 5 kHz range.

As to the network design plans, yes, this will use the "classic" NatlieP quasi 3rd order Linkwitz concept (not normally a valid concept, but as explained in Wavecor Ardent and Isiris threads, with some tweaking works very well with drivers with a time offset; i.e., mid woofer and tweeter mounted on same baffle). I expect to keep the same combination series/parallel, it has some benefits over a straight parallel in assuring the phase matching in spite of component tolerances. :W

hi, I was interested in buying the waveguide that appears in this photo, does anyone know what it is or where I can buy it?
                    thank you very much
                    Last edited by theSven; 03 May 2023, 21:02 Wednesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"