X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newfiestang50
    • Mar 2006

Is there a Canadian equivalent to partsexpress.com

Guys, does anyone know of a Canadian equivalent to partsexpress.com?

Also, can someone list the components required for me to test my subs performance....ie from the soundcard to software, if you could provide model numbers for the applicable equipment (ie soundcard etc.) it would be appreciated. I already have downloaded RoomEQ wizard, is this the best or is something else recommended? If using roomEQ wiz, do you use the test tones in it or are there other tones available on line in the form of mp3's to download?
  • opt-e
    • Nov 2004

We do have Solen and Creative Sound for speaker parts but they are nowhere close to the same level as PE in terms of selection and diversity of product.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Room EQ Wizard has a built-in sweep, that's what you should use instead of test tones...

A webpage I created will help get you going:

PDF of the webpage attached.

Here are threads about setting up a test rig

Hi guys, I am interested in doing my own speaker measurement and I'd like some suggestions on what hardware to get. I'd like to keep the cost under $100 if possible. 1. I have a Chaintech AV710 sound card. I also have a SB Audigy 2NX. Is this good enough or do I need to get a better soundcard? 2. Mic and pre-amp. I've

DIY (Do it yourself): Cabinetry, speakers, subwoofers, crossovers, measurements. Jon and Thomas have probably designed and built as many speakers as any non-professionals. Who are we kidding? They are pros, they just don't do it for a living. This has got to be one of the most advanced places on the net to talk speaker building, period.

DIY (Do it yourself): Cabinetry, speakers, subwoofers, crossovers, measurements. Jon and Thomas have probably designed and built as many speakers as any non-professionals. Who are we kidding? They are pros, they just don't do it for a living. This has got to be one of the most advanced places on the net to talk speaker building, period.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by theSven; 27 May 2023, 10:37 Saturday. Reason: Update htguide urls

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

The minimum you need to measure the response is a Radio Shack SPL Meter, a duplex soundcard, and software. I also use Room EQ Wizard at the moment (though I do have several other options) - I like the interface and the flexibility around the test tones, I do use the ones supplied in REW.

As far as the soundcard goes, most desktop computers will have a duplex card; however, laptops usually don't. I use a SoundBlaster MP3+ external USB unit. It's pretty nice and actually has a better response than my desktop's SB card.

The RS meter is pretty standard fare, I'm not sure of the model number. You'll also need the appropriate cables to hook everything up. RCA cables should be fine if you get the MP3, it has RCA connections. Otherwise, you'll need a mini-jack to RCA adaptor or two.
        Danish

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"