X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David R.
    • Apr 2003

Replacement Center channel

I need to find a replacement center channel to go with my kit281's.

I currently have the KitLCC (Which would be forsale, for anyone looking), But I recently bought a larger tv which meant place the LCC above the tv on a shelf.. Im very concerned about the shelf falling and damaging the tv below. The LCC is quite large at 26"X10"X16"..

Anyway, Im trying to find a replacement that will still blend (Fairly well) with the kit281's.. My first thought was the kit81C.. But im not sure how well it works placed on its side, or if it will be able to keep up with the 281's..

Other options that i have looked at are:
    -GR-Research A/V-3S.. This is the smallest kit i have seen, which i like.
    -Vifa Reference Center
    -One of the seas kits.. They dont seem to have a center channel, but the odin, or tyrm could work..

I know theres a few people on here that might be able to help.. So, are there any opinions, or other options??
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

or other options??
    Yup sell the all the Kit's and build something different Getting a different centre to integrate properly with the Kit's is going to be fairly difficult I'd imagine so why not take this oppertunity to try a new design across the front. Within a few blocks of my house you've got Jeff's ProArc clones and my M8a's.

Comment

• David R.
      • Apr 2003

^ We could almost have a gathering there! I could bring the kit281's..

I must confess, i have been thinking about replacing the fronts as well. Love to try a set of seas thor's, not sure if the funds are there though.. Would need to sell the adires first. lol They are some nicely finished cabinets .

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I recommend staying with 281 LCC and making any needed improvements in the shelf to accommodate the speaker's weight.

There are some twin rail shelving brackets that will support an amazing amount of weight. Remember that you're dealing with 'static', not dynamic weight

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• David R.
          • Apr 2003

Im actually using the twin rail system.. Similar to the one shown on leevalleys website: http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...urrency=1&SID= Minus the hanging track.. Im using 3: 48" wall rails (16" o/c), With the 14" brackets and 3" screws (decking type screws, not drywall screws). I think part of the problem is that most of the weight is sitting on the outside edge of the shelf, where its the weakest. also there is a 2nd shelf above it with the reciever/dvd player etc on it..

Maybe im being anal, but the cracking/poping sounds concern me.. Or maybe its a psychological thing, trying to find a reason to change. hahaha

Comment

• David R.
            • Apr 2003

I think i will wait tell after i have the new cabinet for the LCC built to make a final decision.. I need to rebuild my current one because it was built to fit into a entertainment unit and is ~10"s wider then it needs to be.. Should be able to save 10-15lbs there..

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I use that same twin rail system to store hundreds of pounds of raw lumber. It will certainly hold a 281 LCC

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"