X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Clamp sale at Home Despot

"Evil Orange" seems to be clearing out their big Jorgensen cabinet master large jaw bar clamps (at least the 24" and 36") for about $10-15 off per clamp. $25 for the 24" and $30 for the 36".

This kind.

Definitely worth it at that price.

BB
  • Hank
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2002

Good! Those are my favorite bar clamps.

Comment

• Ten 99
      • Apr 2004

Just so you guys know (sorry, I shoulda said something earlier), most of these have been moved out. Be sure to check carefully, but the wood working forums all spread the (fire) word about this a week or two ago. When I checked a few HD's near me, they were already out. These are good deals on fantastic clamps. Personally, I don't think they are quite as nice as the Bessey's, but they are damned close. I also think that Jorgie takes great care of their customers. If you have a problem with one of their clamps, they'll fix it and make sure you're taken care of and satisfied. You can't beat that from an American company!

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Yeah, I cleaned out two stores with my friend personally.

BB

Comment

• Ten 99
          • Apr 2004

Just resurecting a bit...

Apparently, for those that are interested, the 24" clamps are $25 each, and the 36" are $30 each. Also, they are currently running a special on "hand tools" (not power or pneumatic tools), where if you purchase $200 worth of tools, you get a $80 Home Depot gift card. Basically, this makes your $200 purchase of clamps on $120.

This makes those $25 clamps only $15 each, for example.

Comment

• goskers
            • Jun 2004

Picked up 4 of the 30" last night. My 40$ giftcard should be on the way soon.

Thanks for the tip! I don't need them now but I am sure I will sometime soon,

wasser

Comment

• DarkMatter
              • Nov 2004

I build cabinets for a living and my advice is to use these http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tylertool/jor7248ibcla.html . For light clamping, those "K-Body" style clamps are handy. But for all around, life-long, can't bust 'em, 10,000 #'s of brute force, the I-Beams can't be beat. Especially when you consider that they're cheaper. Their only drawback is that they are heavy. Very heavy, but that's a good thing. Bessey, Jorgensen, and others make a big deal about their K-Body clamps "remaining square". So what? Those small bars will flex under full clamp force. So, that the faces stay square with the bar doesn't help if the bar is bent to an off-angle. And, what you're clamping should be square to begin with. You shouldn't depend on clamp force to square your joint. I installed 2 degree UHMW wedges to the faces of my I-Beam clamps to intentionally make them "unsquare". The slight angle forces boards down toward the beam to keep panels flat.

So, don't be too disappointed if you missed the sale. For less money you can pick up better clamps.

All of this is obviously my opinion, but the knowledge was hard-earned.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"