Infrastructure Week... and best wishes for the Holidays!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Infrastructure Week... and best wishes for the Holidays!

well, I think we've all heard that phrase, "Infrastructure Week" at sometime or another by various politicians, sometimes to no effect at all, but at AudioWorx West it has been "Infrastructure Week" in order to reorganize one of the key workrooms to cope with "project overload".

Yes, I do NOT normally work on 3 or more large speaker projects at the same time- or even 3 small ones! But shifting priorities and requests from SMJ, as well as new mandates from Evil Twin has necessitated changing boats in mid river at times, and trust me, that's not easy to do carrying a couple of bins of partly assembled crossovers!

ET made it clear I either figure this out, or he would step in and re-organize for me...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ET Rennovation.gif
Views:	262
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	950156

This is still a work in progress, (to be finished this weekend, do or die) but it already feels much better-
    • the big technical plotter has been returned to storage for now,
    • a new vintage 47" Tresanti sit-stand desk has been brought out of storage and assembled
    • The VituixCAD/WIN10 CAD system has been transferred from a small mobile sit-stand desk to the Tresanti desk, and a 43" LG 4K monitor from storage installed for it
    • New shelving arrangements for the crossover component and build bins for the current key projects have been setup and grouped:
      • Saint-Saens/SMJ-40
      • Kii Xtreme
      • ET CCTT
    • Upper modules from Saint-Saëns have been positioned to be used in concert with new ATS Acoustics panel for the CCTT testing.
    • The mobile rack music server system has been brought out of storage and will be ready for updates and new music files, and a preamp update is being considered for evaluation (to be discussed in a separate thread.
    • The 4K projector has been brought out of storage along with two high end HDR 4K disk players.
    In some senses, it would not be unreasonable to say that I'm trying to get a head start on the New Year and smooth the path for completing the current projects, as well as tackling some additional assignments like the NatalieP Ultra and the Natalie P Vintage MkII.

And while for me, this would have been reasonable activities for the holiday break, I find myself in the position where a coalition of Russian and Ukraine personnel have insisted on my participation in efforts to convey a Siberian partisan, a defector from the Federal Security services, to the Bainbridge WA area to meet up with agents recently returned from covert activities in Sweden, whose collected experience and data will likely be incorporated into plans being made by the Seattle area purveyor of operating systems and feeble efforts at ARM based computing. (in a certain light, all of the preceding paragraph is true...)

It's hard to catch a break some days...

For the rest of you, I convey my wishes for a more conventionally conducted Holiday time with family and friends, though in the days that we seem to be living, rules are made to be broken, and the world does seem turned upside down at times. Or all the time.

the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • theSven
    Master of None
    • Jan 2014

You're busy shuffling stuff around the house and I was busy getting the forum upgraded 😁. I know how busy is as well. Hopefully I can get a few days off in another week and listen to music and watch movies. You're setting the bar high to get a lot of good projects out in 2024! Happy Holidays
    Painter in training

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by theSven
      You're busy shuffling stuff around the house and I was busy getting the forum upgraded 😁.
      Infrastructure week indeed! I am...progressing...on the polyconcrete build but ran out of epoxy. Should have some more for next weekend, then it's just getting the baffles figured out...after I upgrade the motor in my router table. Once that is out of the way I can wrap up the Speedsters and get on to bigger things.

- Danny

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by technodanvan
        Infrastructure week indeed! I am...progressing...on the polyconcrete build but ran out of epoxy. Should have some more for next weekend, then it's just getting the baffles figured out...after I upgrade the motor in my router table. Once that is out of the way I can wrap up the Speedsters and get on to bigger things.
        Sounds like good progress, but an oh so familiar case of "slow work takes time"!

😂
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Obi-Wan
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• theSven
          Master of None
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by technodanvan
          Did you get some rubber parts to put under the router table to control the vibration? I take it you need even more vibration to need a larger motor. Post some pics in your build thread when you get a chance 😉.
          Painter in training

Comment

• JonMarsh
            Mad Max Moderator
            • Aug 2000

well, long trip back yesterday through some nasty weather, but in the end, one thing is clear...

Name:	No Place Like Home_text.gif
Views:	100
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	950228

the AudioWorx
            Natalie P
            M8ta
            Modula Neo DCC
            Modula MT XE
            Modula Xtreme
            Isiris
            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
            Minerva Monitor
            Calliope
            Ardent D

In Development...
            Obi-Wan
            Modula PWB
            Calliope CC Supreme
            Natalie P Ultra
            Natalie P Supreme
            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• theSven
              Master of None
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by JonMarsh
              well, long trip back yesterday through some nasty weather, but in the end, one thing is clear...

Name:	No Place Like Home_text.gif
Views:	100
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	950228
              Glad you made it back safely through the rough weather! Only a few days left till the new year. Start trying to cross off all those last minute tasks to focus on speaker building for 2024 😁
              Painter in training

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"