X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Deckers
    • May 2004

Ligne Ceramique, 3-way TL with Accuton/ Eton

Hi,

nearly finished my 3-way TL with accuton/ eton drivers. All is playing loud and clear in my room.
    On my homepage there is more to be seen.

Suggestions always welcome (on the woodwork?)

Regards,

Jan
    Attached Files
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Nice work, Jan. I built several TL style speakers in the 70's, they were a lot of fun, but driver selection for extended bass (as opposed to merely well damped bass) was a bit of a challenge; it seemed like higher Qts parts usually worked best, whereas the drivers I liked with higher sensitivity were overdamped.

Nice web site, too. My German is rusty, but my Dutch is non-existent - ;^)

How did you do your measurements? You're crossing over the C79 fairly low on the top end, which is probably a good thing, as they're not the easiest mid driver to work with.

Any plans for veneering and finishing the cabinets?

Best regards,

Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jan Deckers
      • May 2004

Hi Jon,

well, the veneering will come in a few weeks. First I wait for the MDF to "work"a bit. I think I'll take walnut, or some "Burl" veneer.
      The graphik isn't really a measurement but a simulation with Speaker Workshop. I still have to measure the speaker (but still need to buy a microfone). Well, Il will translate the page soon in english because there are a lot people who can't speak dutch. As for now, the speakers are playing great. Lot's of detail and so on.

Regards,

Jan

Comment

• TacoD
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2004

Are two Dutch forums not enough . Still a great looking speaker, does me remind of those speakers of A.O.S. (German DIY ScanSpeak distributor).

Are those graphs, traces of the plots provided by the manufacturer? Also I can't detect any phase information. I would suggest some notches on those Eton woofers, in my experience with it's smaller brother (7" Hex), those units has some nasty resonance peaks.

Comment

• Ten 99
          • Apr 2004

Cute kids. The little girl almost looks like she's wearing a hakama.

As for what to finish the speakers in? I love walnut, but I was actually going to suggest differently. I'm assuming (the mother of all screwups) that this is the room and location where the speakers will be used? If that's the case, I was thinking something like a mappa burl would look nice in contrast to that wood floor that you have. Looks (from the color and what I can see) a lot like a Mahogany or Jatoba or something similar.

Comment

• Jan Deckers
            • May 2004

Love walnut too. and the mappa burl also (thanks for the link).
            The floor is merbau, als a darker (little bit red) wood.

Regards,

Jan

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Chris, thanks for the link. That is one fantastic site! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Ten 99
                • Apr 2004

You're welcome David. I wish I could take more credit, but all I did was point the way.

Comment

• Hank
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2002

Jan, good job, and as Ten99 said, cute kids! One of my veneer samples is Mappa Burl and I really like it. Caution: burls have a very "busy" pattern, and on a large surface, may be TOO busy/distracting. They would make nice-looking bookshelf cabinets however.
                  Here's a woodworker's suggestion for something really exotic: Waterfall (quilted) Bubinga accents on Padauk. Very complimentary. I haven't worked with it yet, but waterfall Bubinga is supposedly strong, like maple.

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Kids? What kids? I thought that was the construction crew ...:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jan Deckers
                      • May 2004

Well,

the cute kids can be sometimes very ...... exhausting :M , but they are a perfect crew/ :P :P
                      I love that veneer-page, and must say that bubinga (waterfall) is a very nice veneer. Only problem is maybe where to buy it.

and then take the middle picture is the color of my livingroomfloor.

Regards,

Jan

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"