X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Al Garay
    • Jan 2004

Easily removing SS9800 diffusor?

I just got a pair of Scanspeak 9800. And noticed the diffusor that Jon recommends removing. He stated that it is easy to do. Does anyone know how?

I want to easily remove it and easily be able to put it back just in case I feel compelled to go with a soft dome tweeter instead.

Has anyone tried swapping out the XT25 for the SS9800? I'm hoping to do so with Andy's M8a MKIVs tomorrow.

Thanks,

Al
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The only way it can be removed is to cut it off (side cutters will work). Once removed it can't be replaced.

I'd suggest waiting until Jon completes his testing of the unit with the diffuser removed, before making this permanent change

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
      • Feb 2002

In the "HiVi M8n - a true bargain" thread, Jon gave me the crossover differences for substituting the SS9800 for the XT25. I am still accumulating parts and the 9800's are all that I have gotten in so far, so I can't add anything else yet.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"