• Show
Clear All
  • Al Garay
    • Jan 2004

SS 9800 on sale at PE $125/ea

• JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Thanks, Al. I'll have to check the status of my piggy bank!

I've been thinking about upgrading my tweeters one of my set's of M8 two ways (replacing Vifa XT25- with just a little relief grinding it'a a physical drop in, and crossover doesn't need any mods- basic response and impedance curve are very similar).

The problem is, there are a lot of other places I could put $250 right now, including finishing up my Arvo's.

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Al Garay
      • Jan 2004

You and I have the same problem... we need a bigger piggy bank! :T

Now you have me thinking about selling my Ack! dAck! (too hard to spell and the battery life is very questionable, I'm having trouble with the 1st one and it's only 6 months old... it does not exude ProAudio level reliability) and putting that plus my piggy bank into buying the Benchmark DAC1.

I need to start some fund raisers.

Al

Comment

• goskers
        • Jun 2004

Well, I just ordered myself 2 9800's for my upcoming Arvo Part project. Now if the Poobahs would only finish the xo so I can order those last pieces :lol: . Just kidding, I know you guys are very busy.

Thanks for the cost saving tip Al.

wasser

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Joel,

Jon has received most of the XO components. So hopefully he'll get a little free time before his 2 week trip to Singapore in July .... 8O

Also I've been harrassing him to slap some dimensions on the Arvo AutoCAD drawing.

But you know the motto

Slow work takes time,
          Incompetent work takes somewhat longer.

If we could just get Jon cloned life would be SO much easier ... :wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• goskers
            • Jun 2004

I would really be excited if Jon could get the voicing done but I understand completely.

All I can say is that silence is not golden. I want my stereo back!!

wasser

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by goskers

All I can say is that silence is not golden.

wasser
              Indeed it's not! Except for things like ex-wives... :W

Though I'll be doing a lot of company work this weekend, I also expect to get some crossover building in. I'm getting all my "partying" out of the way tonight, because my daughter is finally no longer a teenager- turned 20 today :T , so we're going out to dinner.

Seriously, I do hope to have the test mule "fully operational" this weekend, though it may not be dialed into the "nines".

We appreciate your patience... now, if only my boss was as patient!

~Jon
              the AudioWorx
              Natalie P
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• goskers
                • Jun 2004

Well, I ordered 2 of the PE SS 9800 tweets right after I saw the headsup here. In stock it says of course. I received an email today saying that they were out of stock and discontinued! My excitement about saving 150 was all for nothing. That could have gone towards some premium caps for the tweeter circuit too. Damn.

Jon and Thomas: Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. I am sure that many will get some really great enjoyment out of the arvo's. I will certainly be one of them.

Looking forward to it.

wasser

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Thanks Joel..........

It seems that everytime we 'discover' a great driver, shortly thereafter PE discontinues them ... :evil:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Ten 99
                    • Apr 2004

Seems like if PE is truly out of these drivers, that the least they could do is update the website ordering so that it isn't STILL showing them to be instock at that price. :M

Comment

• ThomasW
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

They showed the M8a in stock for months after they discontinued it.

What's weird is that the 9800 never was a 'stock' item at PE. It's always been a special order.

They must of found 6 tweeters buried someplace in their warehouse and wanted to quickly get rid of them......... :evil:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"