X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterpan
    • May 2004

M8a/where is the design?

I have been moved by the postings on this M8a design and I want to build one. Please let me have the details of this design,Box and Xover schema. Hope I can join the M8a club. peterpan
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

I think there are few speaker designs that use the M8a (or M8n) on this site. You might need to be more specific about which tyoe of speaker you're referring to.

Paul

Comment

• peterpan
      • May 2004

M8amkIV, (bookshelf)( Jon M. )

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

You need to pick up the AudioXpress magazines (3 of them I think) that had a detailed write up on the design...or bug jon to disclose them to you :W

Comment

• peterpan
          • May 2004

Boy oh boy, I hadly see Audioexpress here in LONDON U.K. let alone Back copies, which Edition, (year and month). Help!! anybody with the M8amkIV Design Details.

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Your first obstacle is going to be getting the M8a or M8n drivers. If you can source the midwoofers, I'm sure there's a way to get some instructions to you.

BTW, the article was published in the Sept/Oct/Nov 2003 issues of AudioXpress

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• peterpan
              • May 2004

Thank you I am going to fish around, will get in touch.

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
                • Feb 2002

Hificollective One stop for hifi kits, components hi-fi diyers Build you own valve amps from scratch, dabble in speaker design, a component tweaker or a true beginner.

I bought the November issue I missed from here. Arrived very quickly for over-seas shipping. Highly recommended reading!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

So Daryl are you going to build a set of M8a's?

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
                    • Feb 2002

I am very sure I will be, I just don't know when yet.

Comment

• James W. Johnson
                      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by ThomasW
                      If you can source the midwoofers, I'm sure there's a way to get some instructions to you.
                      Can you pull some strings and get them my way as well please?
                      pics

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

James,

You can buy them from www.solen,ca

BUT as I posted HERE, our speakers are not intended for 120+dB output levels.

Given your propensity for VERY high SPLs you really need to consider something else, probably pro sound equipment

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"