X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterpan
    • May 2004

Advice on new sub direction

Hello all, I have 2pcs DT300 Sub amps and want to build 2 subwoofers for stereo use. I want small SEALED(60 LITERS MAX) boxes that will work low. The following sub are available to buy, 1: adire shiva 2:emminence LAB12 3:ADIRE DPL12 and possible the TC2+ which will you go for, and what box size will fit.Room size is 13 by 14ft and 8ft high.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

The DPL 12 has the lowest distortion and T/S parameters favorable to the approach you want to use in a sealed box.

I suggest you down load Unibox and run the parameters yourself for the drivers you're considering; this will give you a lot better feeling for what you're getting into.

The only other driver I'd suggest adding to your list for evaluation is the TC-Sounds TC2+, available from O-Audio. I'm using it in a dipole design, but it would work fairly well sealed, also. Small price premium, at $165. Very low distortion in the first +/- 10mm of travel.

Regards,

Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Other considerations are that a chunk of your 60L will be taken up by the plate amp and driver. Second if you want to play really low, the only way to do that with such a small box is to use a Linkwitz transform circuit. These generally must be custom built. Third use of drivers with a lower Vas might be a better option. The newly available BluePrint 1203, or Stryke AV12 should be considered.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"