X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mischa
    • May 2004

4 way active mid/main field

Hi

At this moment iam building a 4 way active mid/ main field . Just one of the first pictures

Parts :

vifa 25-cf-300 carbon fiber .. 2 pcs
    vifa DM 760 dome mid range
    vifa 17-wp-200
    xt300 ring rad.

Hypex 4 way active amp .3 band parametric eq , level controlles 24 db . r .

iam not realy sure aboud the x-over freqencies but mij first guess wil be 180/800/2500

The hypex module isnt yet in tha stores but it wil be out in aboud 6 weaks . they also .

I someone nows another 4 way active build in block please inform me !

wish me luck
    Attached Files
  • mischa
    • May 2004

inside
    Attached Files

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Nice cabinet work, Mischa!

Do you have measurements of the drivers response in the cabinets yet?

This might be a big help in deciding what response profiles to use with your active crossover. What's your plan to get to your desired in room response?

Best regards,

Jon
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• mischa
        • May 2004

becous its an active system i can set any x-over freqency i want . as soon as i have the amps ill go to a (( dead room )) there iam going to set driver levels etc

I realy would like te advice hypec amp modules . We compared a pasive unit whit brystol amps to a hypex module. hypex was way bether ..

We design and manufacture Class D power amplifiers, power supplies, DSP solutions and plate amplifiers for the HiFi, High End and Pro Audio industries.

Comment

• mischa
          • May 2004

the active 4 way amp has for each amp ( 4 pcs ) a level controll a subsonic filter you can bridge the amps so 3 way whit 2 amps bridged is also possible also a 3 band parametric eq on it .

it shoud be more then enoug to setup some personal preferences in a studio .

its a new product . they also have a small 2 way amp soon whit a fixed active x over of 2.5 khz its going to be around 90 dollars a pcs ( realy nice for rear speakers etc )

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

How do you intend to deal with issues such as baffle step compensation if you use the Hypex amps?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• mischa
              • May 2004

the hypex amps have a 3 band parametric eq .. there is a hi mid low boost/decrease , you can select freqency and the notch . so in other words full parametric . All drivers have there own level pot

its never perfect . but its always bether then a passive x-over. and the demping factor is above 1000 so iam sure its going to sound just great

and if i dont have enoug controll on the freqency response in my studio ill buy a behringer active 4 way 19 inch unit and hook it up to the hypex amps . then you can even do a sweep in your room and the behringer will set things as flat as possible ...

i have to point out that all the tech talking is to mutch aboud specs and math . i do most by ear its way more sensitive as a mic

If i dont hear anything anoying in a x-over freq its al right

Comment

• mischa
                • May 2004

i once build a 4th order Linkwitz Riley passive filter to my ears a 1th order sound more natural . the only problem was the BIG x-over bandwith

4th order Linkwitz Riley active 24 db oct is way bether pure controll on your drivers .

maybe someone would like to try a hypex amp on the diy speakers on this forum and do some analizing

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"