Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmed
    • Dec 2006

Facets on baffles and tweeter placement

What are some of the ideal properties of facets on baffles in respect to tweeter placements? I know round over is ideal but if I were to use facets and rounded the angles a bit, I think I can have best of both world. Is there a ratio I should use for the tweeter placement as far as distance?
  • draki
    • Oct 2012

This is an interesting reading:

Über Schallwandgestaltung, Kantendiffraktion, Sekundärschallquellen und deren Einfuss auf die Wiedergabequalität von Lautsprechern.

Es wurde ausführlich messtechnisch untersucht wie steil schräge Fasen sein müssen um effektiv zu wirken.

Comment

• Bear
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2008

Here's a paper I grabbed on the topic. I thought that I had another, similar paper in my archives, but I couldn't find it. Chamfers/facets perform similarly to roundovers, and you reach a point of diminishing returns in the 3" - 4" range (e.g., Jon's Ardent baffle, the Sonus Faber Ellipsa/Strad). The theory behind angling the chamfers on the Ardent is to spread the frequencies around, though I'm skeptical that approach is really better acoustically. It does have practical benefits for aesthetics and the mechanics of transitioning to much larger woofers.

Acoustic Diffraction_Does It Matter.pdf
      Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"