Upgrade Mini Statements to Mini Statements II?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retsub
    • Jul 2019

Upgrade Mini Statements to Mini Statements II?

I built a pair of the Mini-Statements a few years back and they have served me very well for both HT and music. Now I find myself wanting the better midrange for more critical music listening, so have looked at the Meniscus Statement Upgrade, but I find no mention of a similar upgrade of the Mini-Statements either on Meniscus, on Curt's website or in HTGuide. Obviously, I could just sell the mini's and build the Statement II's, but I really like the size of my mini's. I should also mention that I have built the Statement II center channel which blends well with my Mini's for HT use. I'd appreciate any recommendations you all might have. Since the crossover is different between Statements and Mini-Statements, I hesitate to just use the upgrade kit offered by Meniscus. Thanks for any thoughts you might care to share.
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Retsub
    I built a pair of the Mini-Statements a few years back and they have served me very well for both HT and music. Now I find myself wanting the better midrange for more critical music listening, so have looked at the Meniscus Statement Upgrade, but I find no mention of a similar upgrade of the Mini-Statements either on Meniscus, on Curt's website or in HTGuide. Obviously, I could just sell the mini's and build the Statement II's, but I really like the size of my mini's. I should also mention that I have built the Statement II center channel which blends well with my Mini's for HT use. I'd appreciate any recommendations you all might have. Since the crossover is different between Statements and Mini-Statements, I hesitate to just use the upgrade kit offered by Meniscus. Thanks for any thoughts you might care to share.
    Hi Retsub,

A mini owner in my neighborhood! I live just east of Pleasanthill about an hour away from you.

Now to your question. The Statement Mini's were created for folks that wanted the Statements sound in a smaller cabinet and didn't demand concert level dynamics. However, that design is about 10 years old now and there are no plans to revisit it with a mid upgrade. The upgrade kit for full sized Statements isn't compatible crossover wise with the Mini's.

I would suggest that you enjoy the Mini's and consider building one of our more recent designs as replacements. The Anthology's, Bordeaux or our most recent design, the Monitor sized Travelers all integrate perfectly with the Statements II center and all exceed the Mini's overall performance level. All are available to audition at my home if you're interested. Meniscus also has all the designs available as a kit with one click shopping for accuracy and ease of ordering.

Sorry I can't help out with the Mini's but there are adventures in sound available in your future.

Jim

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"