Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CADman_ks
    • Jan 2012

Round corners and grills...

I'd like to build a "set" of Statements, most likely Minis, Center, and Micros for surrounds, and I want them to all look the same.

I will need to have grills on these speakers because we have an inside cat, and who knows what she's intrigued by when we're not at home.

The plans call "ideally" for rounded or chamfered corners. I don't really like the looks of chamfered corners, and I do like the looks of rounded corners, and I'll be veneering these, so easy is the best, and veneering the round corners, shouldn't be all that difficult, if you don't round the top side, just the verticals.

My question is this:

If one puts speaker grills on the front, does that effectively negate the rounded corners on the speakers, or are they still needed. Talking strictly sound here, not aesthetics???
    CADman_ks
    - Stentorian build...
    - Ochocinco build...
    - BT speaker / sub build...
  • Paul K.
    • Jul 2008

There are always unwanted effects from grilles on a speaker's performance, although they're not all audible. Assuming the grilles are removable, you can leave them on when you're not listening seriously and when you're away, but take them off when you want to sit down and enjoy the music. That's what I do as all my speakers have grilles.
    Paul

Comment

• CADman_ks
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Paul K.
      There are always unwanted effects from grilles on a speaker's performance, although they're not all audible. Assuming the grilles are removable, you can leave them on when you're not listening seriously and when you're away, but take them off when you want to sit down and enjoy the music. That's what I do as all my speakers have grilles.
      Paul

Yes, my grills would be removable.

So, I should plan on the rounded corners. That helps me out!!!
      CADman_ks
      - Stentorian build...
      - Ochocinco build...
      - BT speaker / sub build...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"