Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CBM87
    • Nov 2017

Next project ideas help.

I had a friend over who is head over heels for my Anthologies, and who could blame him, right?

Of course the next thing out of his mouth was something along the lines of "You can build me something like this, yeah?".

After some discussion on intention of use etc. I don't believe Anthologies would be best for him for a few reasons:

Just bought a 7.2 AVR and doesnt want a pre/pro.

Wants a slimmer form factor

Would need higher efficiency.

50/50 HT and music duty.

So I'm at a bit of a loss on what to show him for a good idea. The HTM series are more boxy than he wants for WAF.

Is there anything out there similar to SWOPEs that still has available drivers?

I'm having trouble coming up with LCR + surround with a horizontal center channel already designed. I can build all day, but I'll leave designing to the experts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Slimmer than the Anthologies is doable, but if we're looking at the size of the Swope's he probably won't be getting a lot of bass. Is he open to utilizing a subwoofer? Set on a tower design, or bookshelf? Budget?
    - Danny

Comment

• CBM87
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by technodanvan
      Slimmer than the Anthologies is doable, but if we're looking at the size of the Swope's he probably won't be getting a lot of bass. Is he open to utilizing a subwoofer? Set on a tower design, or bookshelf? Budget?
      He's got 2 12" subs. (Can't remember what). He's running some sort of out of the box pioneer LCR+Surround and in ceiling atmos speakers. Tower or bookshelf + stand is fine. Tv is just on an entertainment center type stand and not wall mount.

Comment

• CBM87
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by technodanvan
        Also, swopes were just an example. I'm not headstrong on them.

Comment

• technodanvan
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

Gotcha.

Well how slim are we talking about here? If he can do up to 7" drivers that opens up a lot of possibilities, but I understand that's not in the cards for everyone. With a pair of subs he could afford to get by with something smaller if he needs to though.
          - Danny

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"