Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supernova
    • Mar 2017

ICEpower modules @ Parts Express

Parts Express is now carrying ICEpower modules including the ASP1000.

I'm not sure how these modules compare to the Hypex NCore NC400, but it's nice to see some more higher-end Class D in the DIY space.

Cheers!

Peter
  • 5th element
    Supreme Being Moderator
    • Sep 2009

Interesting, I wonder how much they'll charge for them!
    What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
    5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
    Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 5th element
      Interesting, I wonder how much they'll charge for them!
      $337-$70
      Last edited by Alaric; 01 August 2018, 22:54 Wednesday.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• 5th element
        Supreme Being Moderator
        • Sep 2009

Is that suppose to say $3377? As in three thousand three hundred and seventy seven?

Edit - never mind they've actually listed the units for sale now.
        What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
        5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
        Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Oops. Sorry, by the time I followed the link they were listed. I'll fix the typo.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• DS-21
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Supernova
            I'm not sure how these modules compare to the Hypex NCore NC400, but it's nice to see some more higher-end Class D in the DIY space.
            Depends on use. Great for subs, mains could be fine depending on tweeter impedance magnitude and variance. Not as widely compatible with speakers as Ice ASX2 and newer, or any Hypex or Anaview.

The Ice modules PE is carrying are pretty old designs. I think they're over a decade and at least three development generations old. When they came out there was a cottage industry of reboxers.

Comment

• Carl V
              • Apr 2005

I have a Nice NEW Ice edge amp...latest generation. It sounds good, very good.
              PS Audio has a Line of "STELLAR" amps etc., based on the last generation
              if ICE amp Modules...they add their Gain Cell input buffer....it sounds good. Comparing
              and Contrasting with a N-Core (NORD) amp...I'd give the Nod to ICE EDGE's latest.
              Hypex's latest Platem amp modules are pretty good for self powered speakers
              imho, ymmv

Comment

• Supernova
                • Mar 2017

@DS-21 I didn't know you were on these boards. Thanks for the advice. I'm gathering the ASX2 modules and Anaview are not available to the DIY crowd.?

Comment

• DS-21
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Supernova
                  @DS-21 I didn't know you were on these boards. Thanks for the advice. I'm gathering the ASX2 modules and Anaview are not available to the DIY crowd.?
                  MiniDSP carries plate amps using the 125ASX2 or 250ASX2 with input buffer (necessary), both with and without DSP. I think ICEpower bought Anaview, but Parasound’s ZoneMaster multiroom amps use or used Anaview modules.

Comment

• roadrune
                    • May 2017

Here: https://www.lautsprechershop.de/inde...ersicht_en.htm you can get Anaview.

Comment

• Supernova
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DS-21
                      MiniDSP carries plate amps using the 125ASX2 or 250ASX2 with input buffer (necessary), both with and without DSP. I think ICEpower bought Anaview, but Parasound’s ZoneMaster multiroom amps use or used Anaview modules.
                      Thanks for this. I am going to recommend the box version for my father in law whom I just built some Finalists for. He'll need a preamp, but every receiver we've looked at in NZ has been way overpriced.

Odd that they don't include any 8 ohm ratings, just 4ohm and bridged mode.

Originally posted by roadrune
                      Thanks for the link, something I'll going to have to look into a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"