Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mischmat
    • Feb 2010

Tang Band 1337 Replacement

I'm looking at putting together the Dynamic 4's once again but in the process of moving houses the 1337's were damaged. Given the price increase on the 1337's from when I first got them a few years ago, how bad would it be to rework the XO for a different driver or is there something out there that could be a suitable drop in?
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I really think replacing them with 'like' drivers is your best course of action. I'm guessing your crossovers were pre-assembled on circuit boards, with many of the current values hidden. You'd need to reverse engineer the crossovers then figure out replacements - and they probably wouldn't be drop-in. Given the time you'd spend doing it, plus the expense for decent-level crossover components, and the potential headache of your selected replacement not quite fitting the driver cutout for the 1337...well that's just too many headaches for me just to save a few bucks.

How many drivers were damaged? You might be able to source a couple by watching F/S sections of various forums.
    - Danny

Comment

• mischmat
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by technodanvan
      I really think replacing them with 'like' drivers is your best course of action. I'm guessing your crossovers were pre-assembled on circuit boards, with many of the current values hidden. You'd need to reverse engineer the crossovers then figure out replacements - and they probably wouldn't be drop-in. Given the time you'd spend doing it, plus the expense for decent-level crossover components, and the potential headache of your selected replacement not quite fitting the driver cutout for the 1337...well that's just too many headaches for me just to save a few bucks.

How many drivers were damaged? You might be able to source a couple by watching F/S sections of various forums.
      Unfortunately all 4 were damaged. Mine were disassembled in boxes since they lost the WAF factor in the smaller house, and I built a set of NatP's with the parts. Now being in a larger house, I was thinking of resurrecting the 4t's but discovered the mids are damaged. Basically I have 8 RS180's and a pair of Seas tweeters, so either I try to rebuild the 4T's or maybe move onto something else?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"