Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Bullet
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by JonMarsh
    Yeah, running is a romper room No-No for anyone with hip joint replacement.

And it's often the reason people need hip joint replacement - likely the case with my GF, who ran a lot for the exercise and also participated in local amateur competitions- has about a dozen placing medals for her age class to prove it.

My bikes include a 2013 VFR1200, a '98 VFR800, an ST1300, and a Yamaha GTS1000 (sort of a collectors item purchased from a dealer up in Seattle area a couple of years ago- no front fork, no conventional frame, very nice handling as sport tourers go, regular bike feel kind of weird after you've ridden one of these for a while).

That whole anti-dive front end thing and the difference in cornering behavior while braking is why I'm curious about the 2018 Goldwing, which should handle decently and be a better long distance mount getting from Idaho (someday) to the Banff area. I gave a paper at a conference hosted at Lake Louise and fell in love with the area some years back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27992[/ATTACH]
    We visited Whistler in July. Drove up from Vancouver. Now that coastal road would be great on a bike! I had fun in the rental car 8). Fantastic scenery.

I used to have a speed triple (until the oil pump let go). Now have one of those new Kwaka Z900 and an old Honda VT250 (aka Spada) 1990. That is my daily commute bike. The z900 is quite softly sprung but that suits me and our poor roads.

My camera skills are appaling. I'm a bit more point and shoot, so ended up with a Panasonic TZ-110 we could stuff in our pockets for our 9 week holiday abroad. Took 7,000 shots! Now I have to work out which 100 I should keep. I realise zoom isn't very useful. A large sensor is and I wish I had taken more wide angle shots to get the scale of some of the landscapes, rather than micro detail.

Comment

• Juhazi
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Dave Bullet
      ...I used to have a speed triple (until the oil pump let go). Now have one of those new Kwaka Z900 and an old Honda VT250 (aka Spada) 1990. That is my daily commute bike. The z900 is quite softly sprung but that suits me and our poor roads.
      How many km until that? I have (my son mostly rides it) a -06 Sprint with 955 engine with lower tuning. It has some 45000 km now, original pump. This engine has red line at 9500 when speed triple runs to 11500. Engines have slightly different internals. Engine grew to 1050cc in 2008.
      My DIY speaker history: -74 Philips 3-way, -82 Hifi 85B, -07 Zaph L18, -08 Hifitalo AW-7, CSS125FR, -09 MarkK ER18DXT, -13 PPSL470Dayton, -13 AINOgradient, -18 Avalanche AS-1 dsp, -18 MR183w

Comment

• Dave Bullet
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Juhazi
        How many km until that? I have (my son mostly rides it) a -06 Sprint with 955 engine with lower tuning. It has some 45000 km now, original pump. This engine has red line at 9500 when speed triple runs to 11500. Engines have slightly different internals. Engine grew to 1050cc in 2008.
        Mine blew at 70,00kms. It was a problem engine from day one. It needed a rebuild @ 25,000kms as it burnt oil. Some swarf was in there from day one, and it scoured the #1 piston and nikasil bore liner - which had to both be replaced. Rings were replaced and valve seals (under triumph warranty). Oil burning went away. then it had starting issues just before the oil pump died. It had regular servicing and wasn't abused. I did do some flying / standing quarter miles on it and a dyno run - but that was a one off (and many thousand kms ago). It was the first oil pump failure the dealer had known of / seen.

I did use aftermarket oil filters... but I never had issues with oil pump pressure on those (and always primed them between changes, ensuring the motor never ran dry). I also use those filters on a Bonneville and that has had no issues.

The redline for a 2008+ speed triple 1050 is 9,500 (soft / ECU) I believe.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"