X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilmaui
    • Oct 2009

Mini Statemets and Subs

Hi Guys,
    I have a large living room which is open to the kitchen, basically one large box measuring 25ft x 50ft with a tall vaulted ceiling...so a large area to try and fill with sound. My Mini Statements are hooked up to an Emotiva XPA 2 and I run a Dayton 18 sub with a Dayton 1kw plate amp. The Sub bass is reasonable but even with an 18 and a 1kw amp it doesn't really register as it has a lot of air to move! I'm also limited to position in order to maintain WAF I have another 18 Dayton Sub they are both reference HO and was planning on building another cabinet I know 2 subs will definitely help move some air but my question is this...I see the new Dayton DSP Plate amps allow for greater control over the sub sound and also I like the thought of the ability to sit in a listening chair and change the sound through an App on your phone\IPad. they make a 1200W DSP plate amp but I didn't really want to spend $600, the 1kw plate is $330 but with no DSP and they have just introduced a 500W DSP version for $299.....would I notice a huge difference in the 500W verses the 1KW in terms of sound level? I just wondered if the trade off for the DSP is worth half the power?

thanks as always
    Neil
  • mikeTRON250LM
    • Aug 2017

Buy the Inuke 3000 DSP and sell your current amp. It should be able to easily power both 18s.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"