X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I'm off the grid for about a month...

Just a heads up that the wife and I are taking an extended vacation and won't be available until after October 12th. I will have limited access to email but that'll be about it.

I'll be back!!!!

Jim
  • fish fingers
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
    Just a heads up that the wife and I are taking an extended vacation and won't be available until after October 12th. I will have limited access to email but that'll be about it.

I'll be back!!!!

Jim
    Have a great trip!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Supernova
      • Mar 2017

I'll be back!!!!

Jim
      Have a wonderful vacation.

Where's the destination?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Supernova
        Have a wonderful vacation.

Where's the destination?
        Nothing that exotic. We're traveling the west coast. meeting friends in wine country for a couple weeks and visiting relatives that live in California. We hope very relaxing and fun. The wildfires have rerouted part of our plans for this year.

Jim

Comment

• JonMarsh
          Mad Max Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Enjoy yourself, Jim- sorry about the mess we've got here with wildfires, it's really messing up local conditions in the Bay Area, too, what with intense haze and poor air quality days.
          the AudioWorx
          Natalie P
          M8ta
          Modula Neo DCC
          Modula MT XE
          Modula Xtreme
          Isiris
          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
          Minerva Monitor
          Calliope
          Ardent D

In Development...
          Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
          Obi-Wan
          Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
          Modula PWB
          Calliope CC Supreme
          Natalie P Ultra
          Natalie P Supreme
          Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
          Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jim Holtz
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JonMarsh
            Enjoy yourself, Jim- sorry about the mess we've got here with wildfires, it's really messing up local conditions in the Bay Area, too, what with intense haze and poor air quality days.
            Thanks Jon. We decided to scrap going to Yosemite this year because of the fires and smoke. I hope wine country is clear of the smoke.

After 13 hours driving today, we're up and on the road again tomorrow morning.

Jim

Comment

• Harry3
              • Jul 2009

Have a good vacation Jim.

Regards
              Harry

Comment

• skypoke
                • Dec 2014

Enjoy your travels. We spend about six months a year roaming around in our motorhome, hiking, photography, exploring offroad, everything but listening to good music as that's a nut I haven't been able to crack...good speakers in this small space. It does make coming home to the statements something eagerly anticipated.

Any interest in motorhomes, Jim? Heh..heh

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                  • Sep 2001

everything but listening to good music as that's a nut I haven't been able to crack...good speakers in this small space.
                  How about headphones? (But not when you're driving.) You'll still be glad to get home to your Statements but perhaps would enjoy music a bit more while away from home.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

I'm back! The trip was fun but a month is too long for us to be gone. That killed the "snow bird" idea we had. So, while I appreciate the offer of a motor home, that's not me. Besides, we enjoy traveling in our Mustang. It's quick, very god on gas and comfortable. It makes trips through the desert and underpopulated western states where I can open it up a bit fun.

My idea of roughing it is when we can find a reasonable priced Marriott or Hilton.

Yep, we've become spoiled over the years.

Jim

Comment

• fish fingers
                      • Apr 2015

Wow that's a dream of mine, to hit the USA for a road trip adventure in a (rental) Mustang. I bet you have some amazing pictures.
                      Just did a trip from Bangkok to the Trat islands near Cambodia.. in a Honda.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by fish fingers
                        Wow that's a dream of mine, to hit the USA for a road trip adventure in a (rental) Mustang. I bet you have some amazing pictures.
                        Just did a trip from Bangkok to the Trat islands near Cambodia.. in a Honda.

It was fun. I bought the Mustang in 2015 when I retired specifically to be a weekend fun car and to travel in. It's pretty much of a garage queen in the snowy Iowa winters but gets it's exercise in the summer. This trip was close to 7,000 miles.

We're "winos" so we hit wineries in Colorado, California, Arizona and New Mexico. Colorado has "some" very nice wine and of course Napa/Sonoma/Dry creek etc. are all great with hidden gems that make it fun. Arizona and New Mexico, not so much but we enjoyed the areas. We met up with 2 other couples (friends) in Napa that are industry guys so we had tours and private tastings set up that made the trip special. It was a great time and we missed the wild fires.

Yep, photography is another one of my hobbies I can't afford but enjoy. I took about 750 pictures on the trip which is small for a lot of folks but I like to select what I'm shooting rather than "spray" everything.

I've not made it overseas yet but it's on my bucket list of things to do. I hope my health holds up so I can do it.

Jim

Comment

• fish fingers
                          • Apr 2015

I've not made it overseas yet but it's on my bucket list of things to do. I hope my health holds up so I can do it.

Jim
                          Well if you plan to come out to S E asia, let me know. I have a condo in central BK which I let friends use (with a nice stereo) - hopefully I'll have a small place on one of the thai islands by next summer.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by fish fingers
                            Well if you plan to come out to S E asia, let me know. I have a condo in central BK which I let friends use (with a nice stereo) - hopefully I'll have a small place on one of the thai islands by next summer.

Thank you! I appreciate the offer. However, I don't see world travel in my future for some time. We're still trying to recover from our US travel.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"