X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xsilverjag
    • Feb 2014

Replacement Tweeter Finalist Speakers

Has there been any talk on a replacement tweeter for the RS28F in the finalist speakers. Would a Usher 9950-20 be a drop in replacement?
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by xsilverjag
    Has there been any talk on a replacement tweeter for the RS28F in the finalist speakers. Would a Usher 9950-20 be a drop in replacement?
    The Usher 9950 would be a drop in replacement. However, the reason the RS28 is NLA is because Usher closed it's doors. It has been purchased by another company and will resume production but I was told it would be a year before the RS28 replacement would be available.

Curt and I don't have a Finalist available to make the necessary crossover changes to incorporate a different tweeter so that's not an option. I think Meniscus has some stock on hand for kit purchases but I haven't verified that. The Anthology's are larger but a similar price and sound quality with greater dynamics and bass capability. They would be an option.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• fish fingers
      • Apr 2015

November replacement acc to PE site

Comment

• viki_v2
        • Jun 2012

How about Fountek Neo cd3 as replacement.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"