Small speaker kits, Overnight Sensations, others?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RookieBuilder
    • Feb 2017

Small speaker kits, Overnight Sensations, others?

Does anyone have any kits they would recommend in place of the overnight sensation MTM's? These seem universally well received but the design is several years old now and perhaps I am missing a better option.

In my case I will be wall mounting and building them into a very shallow box, 10 liter max. They will flank a TV in my main living space. I have a sub to pair with whatever I build. I am hoping to keep the budget in check, $200 in parts cost would be about as much as I want to spend. The main goal is to substantially better a cheapish soundbar.
  • scottvalentin
    • May 2015

Check the Meniscus Audio kits pages - might be something that you like there. I can't recall the price, but Jeff Bagby did a Soprano MTM that uses some better drivers than the OS.

Comment

• oneplustwo
      • Jan 2010

I have a Zaph ZD5 kit that I'm interested in selling. Excellent drivers with well sorted crossovers in sealed configuration that will pair well with your sub. Wall mounting wouldn't be ideal though...
      Zaph SR-71
      Zaph ZDT 3.5
      Sunflower Redux
      12" Dayton HF sub
      CJD RS 150 MT
      Revelator bookshelf
      2x12 Guitar cab
      Corner loaded line array

Comment

• RookieBuilder
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by scottvalentin
        Check the Meniscus Audio kits pages - might be something that you like there. I can't recall the price, but Jeff Bagby did a Soprano MTM that uses some better drivers than the OS.
        I ordered parts for the Overnight Sensations last week. I will see how they go, by no means am I looking for 'high end' in this application. Thanks for the heads up on the Soprano, I initially glossed over due to pricing but look like they would be about perfect if the overnight's don't do it for me.

Comment

• cacophonix
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by oneplustwo
          I have a Zaph ZD5 kit that I'm interested in selling. Excellent drivers with well sorted crossovers in sealed configuration that will pair well with your sub. Wall mounting wouldn't be ideal though...
          Just send you a PM about the ZD5.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"