X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IslandHydro
    • Jan 2016

. . . .

. . . .
    Last edited by IslandHydro; 31 July 2017, 21:54 Monday.
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Very interesting. I know nothing about speaker design/building, but I'm surprised the mids and tweets work that well angled towards each other. My first thought was there would be a lot of cancellation or the coherence would take a hit. (See? I probably just proved I know nothing about speaker design. LOL)
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• IslandHydro
      • Jan 2016

. . . .
      Last edited by IslandHydro; 31 July 2017, 21:54 Monday.

Comment

• Zvu
        • Oct 2013

Why is this gone ?

I thought it was quite an interesting project.

EDIT: I see now that op deleted all of his posts on this forum. So child psychology - he picked up his toys and ran home.
        Last edited by Zvu; 01 August 2017, 19:07 Tuesday.
        Tesla; George Carlin;

Comment

• Alaric
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

I wonder why? My post wasn't intended to be critical at all, but I don't recall reading his other posts so maybe it was elsewhere he had a problem. How odd.
          Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
          Marantz PM-KI Pearl
          Schiit Modi 3
          Marantz CD5005
          Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• 5th element
            Supreme Being Moderator
            • Sep 2009

I refrained from commenting myself, mainly because of the technical inconsistencies and issues that would be faced when trying to actually achieve what the design was supposed to.

I could understand exactly what the intentions of the design were but couldn't exactly see it accomplishing those goals without some very low crossover points (which were obviously not used).

It looked cool and if the creator of said project was happy with the sound then that's all that really matters!
            What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
            5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
            Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by 5th element
              I refrained from commenting myself, mainly because of the technical inconsistencies and issues that would be faced when trying to actually achieve what the design was supposed to.

I could understand exactly what the intentions of the design were but couldn't exactly see it accomplishing those goals without some very low crossover points (which were obviously not used).

It looked cool and if the creator of said project was happy with the sound then that's all that really matters!
              Hi Matt,

Well said. This is DIY and not everyone walks the same path to their end goal. It was obvious that he'd worked very hard on it and was proud of the sound.

We all defend our design decisions but in the end, there's really no right or wrong with DIY even though we fiercely defend why we chose to design or build what we did. It's all good man!

Jim

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"