X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wishucould00
    • Apr 2017

Help with LCR design and Components

I am fairly new to the DIY home theater scene but as you can see I've dipped my toes and build my first subwoofer enclosure (not veneered yet). Now I need assistance with building a LCR. I don't have space for floor standing speakers so what i wanted to do was build something that I can either mount to the wall or place on top of a shelf. My plan is to build a shelf across the wall thats about the same height as the bottom shelf of the fireplace. I was thinking of buying Def Tech XLR50's but I'd really like to build something. So basically what i need to know is what size enclosure I could get away with using 4 speakers and 1 tweeter per side. Thanks again for any and all help.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170421_174431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	872179
  • wishucould00
    • Apr 2017

Ok off the shelf on walls it is :/

Comment

• augerpro
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2006

That close to the wall is about the worst setup for sound quality, do you need to do that? You say you don't have room for floorstanders yet you have them there now. What exactly are you trying to do here? REplace your Klipsch with something else?
      ~Brandon 8O
      Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
      Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
      DriverVault
      Soma Sonus

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"