X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gustavowoltmann
    • May 2024

My DVD Player cannot open

My dvd player can't open its slot wherein you will put the dvd inside to play, is there a way to fix it, diy style? Please help.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

There frequently is a tiny hole on the front or back somewhere that you can stick a stiff paperclip in to release the locking mechanism. Do that first. Then you need to determine if it is not opening due to being jammed from the cd being inserted incorrectly, or if maybe a spring has broken inside, or is it maybe the button you press to get it to eject is bad and needs some contact cleaner... lots of possibilities. Hard to say without a better description of why it isn't opening and at minimum what type of cd player it is.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Face
      • Mar 2007

You could also take the lid off the unit.
      SEOS 12/AE TD10M Front Stage in Progress

Comment

• cochinada
        • May 2014

I have a variation of your problem: in my case I cannot eject it when it is empty! So since a long time ago I always have one DVD inside and just change it whenever I want to watch some movie. Afterwards I put it inside again and NEVER close the slot without it. The first time I just had to push it manually at the same time I was pressing the eject button, as I also don't have any tiny hole.
        Joaquim

DIY 4 way speakers.
        DIY subwoofers.
        Zaph ZD3C.

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Since the OP never returned, and this was probably part of a "tag team" spamming attempt that was never completed (possibly because the 2nd registration got blocked via an automated anti-spam system I've implemented here), I'm closing the thread.

If someone legitimately has an issue with their DVD tray not opening, feel free to start a new thread.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"