X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neo__04
    • Feb 2016

Which Bookshelf Speaker Kit?

Hey all,

Looking to build my first speaker kit and cant decide which one!

Im looking for a set of bookshelf speakers, to run off a mini amp for my computer.
    Will be used for mainly music/gaming but also movies.
    I dont want to build anything too small because I want them to be able to be put in the living room attached to the tv.

I've read goof review of the overnight sensation MT & MTM, but thats on the cheaper end of things.
    Also read good things about the Tritrix and Aviatrix, but the aviatrix is starting to get expensive once i pay for the shipping to australia as well.

The Zaph Audio ZA5.3 MTM read well too, but again getting expensive with freight.

If i could buy drivers in australia and get the crossover parts from overseas it would certainly help but I cant seem to source most of the driver brands in australia.

Any suggestions on a nice kit to suit my needs, then ill work out how much i have to spend :P

I need someone to help me make a decision, Because i've been reading for weeks and cant decide which kit!
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

A lot of the kits over here use the Dayton drivers. Have you looked at Troels Gravesens' site? I would think most of his drivers can be sourced closer to you. And welcome to HTGuide! No matter what you build , you'll find a wealth of information here , along with good folks willing to help.

Edit: Found this while I was poking around. https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/speedster
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• neo__04
      • Feb 2016

Hi Alaric,

Thanks for the info, i've had a read through that and dont think i can quite find what im looking for size wise or its a little over budget.

The speedster looks nice, again the drivers are getting pretty expensive. I'd like to aim for around the $200usd mark for a set.

I'll have to keep doing my homework!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"