X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilmaui
    • Oct 2009

Speaker cable for Mini statements

Building a new house for the Mini's : ) its the least they deserve ...and now have a longer cable run to each speaker so wanted to get some new cables. Probably looking at 30ft each speak so 60ft total . any suggestions on a reasonably priced cable that would suit the Mini Statements, Amp is an Emotiva XPA2...any thoughts appreciated. Also the distance from the amp is slightly different and I seemed to remember they recommend still keeping the cable run the same length per side, is that right?

thanks guys
    Neil
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by neilmaui
    Building a new house for the Mini's : ) its the least they deserve ...and now have a longer cable run to each speaker so wanted to get some new cables. Probably looking at 30ft each speak so 60ft total . any suggestions on a reasonably priced cable that would suit the Mini Statements, Amp is an Emotiva XPA2...any thoughts appreciated. Also the distance from the amp is slightly different and I seemed to remember they recommend still keeping the cable run the same length per side, is that right?

thanks guys
    Neil
    Hi Neil,

Thanks for building the Mini's a new house. They'll enjoy it and I'll bet you will too.

I believe the owner of this forum owns an audio cable company so I'd certainly recommend you check his cables out. Out of respect for the owner, we don't discuss other brand speaker/IC cables on this forum.

Jim

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I've bought quite a few cables here , and I love them. Great sound and build quality.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• neilmaui
        • Oct 2009

thanks Jim, cant find a website link for this?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

thanks Jim, cant find a website link for this?
          Wow! I am behind the times. I looked in the for sale section and found that Lex had closed down his cable business so I'm assuming its OK to discuss cables now.

That said, I like Bluejeans cable Belden 5000 10 gauge wire for speakers. I also use their 12 gauge for internal wiring. I also like their locking banana plugs a lot.

Jim

Comment

• kevinm
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
            Wow! I am behind the times. I looked in the for sale section and found that Lex had closed down his cable business so I'm assuming its OK to discuss cables now.

That said, I like Bluejeans cable Belden 5000 10 gauge wire for speakers. I also use their 12 gauge for internal wiring. I also like their locking banana plugs a lot.

Jim
            I use these too. They're great. The locking banana plugs are really handy

Comment

• neilmaui
              • Oct 2009

Hi Guys, well I have some Blue Jeans cable on its way...should be delivered tomorrow. My room is fairly large and the distance between the speakers will be approx. 20ft! the cable run will be approx. 30ft per side, as it has to go up and over a door on each side...any issues with this...either the spacing between the mini statements or the length of cable, its the Blue Jeans 10 gauge..I also plan on putting a sub in the 2 corners too as the room is approx. 25'x 40' x 16' high

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Hi Guys, well I have some Blue Jeans cable on its way...should be delivered tomorrow. My room is fairly large and the distance between the speakers will be approx. 20ft! the cable run will be approx. 30ft per side, as it has to go up and over a door on each side...any issues with this...either the spacing between the mini statements or the length of cable, its the Blue Jeans 10 gauge..I also plan on putting a sub in the 2 corners too as the room is approx. 25'x 40' x 16' high
                You'll have to experiment a bit and see how well they image that far apart. Speakers are usually 8' - 12' apart. Give 20' a try and see if they fill in the middle. Also, the standard positioning suggestions apply. 18" minimum from the wall behind and at least 18" from the side walls with no large objects blocking the back wave reflection between the speakers.

Lets ud know how it works out.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"