X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Rebuild a Statements Monitor into a Lineup R4

I have four Statements Monitors and love them, however I'm finding I'd like my rear channels to be smaller in size, and figured the Lineup R4 would be perfect. I could re-use the drivers and just build the R4 boxes. I've taken a look at the two designs and noticed there's not much re-use in the crossover parts. I'm wondering if Curt/Jim or Jed have any comments on how I could accomplish this (keeping in mind their use will be purely as surround channels in a 5.1 setup). If I was to simply remove the woofer section of the Statements crossover would that leave the Tang Band without any low range at all or would it still work ok? Any thoughts/comments appreciated!
    -Chuck
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by impala454
    I have four Statements Monitors and love them, however I'm finding I'd like my rear channels to be smaller in size, and figured the Lineup R4 would be perfect. I could re-use the drivers and just build the R4 boxes. I've taken a look at the two designs and noticed there's not much re-use in the crossover parts. I'm wondering if Curt/Jim or Jed have any comments on how I could accomplish this (keeping in mind their use will be purely as surround channels in a 5.1 setup). If I was to simply remove the woofer section of the Statements crossover would that leave the Tang Band without any low range at all or would it still work ok? Any thoughts/comments appreciated!
    Hi Chuck,

Curt is the crossover guru of our team but here's my take; just removing the RS180 is going to kill everything below the cossover point of around 350 Hz. I'd suggest you rebuild them with Jed's crossover and correct cabinet size for the best results. They will still be bass shy but should work OK as surrounds using the small setting on your pre/pro.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the reply Jim, I figured as much. Just wanted to re-use as much as possible!
      -Chuck

Comment

• Philzeemon
        • Feb 2011

impala454...You might try putting them up for sale...maybe you'll get lucky and find someone building 4 monitors..I've got 2 on the way, but already have the erse iron core inductors and was planning on beefing up the resistors to 50 watters with the aluminum heatsinks...but for the right price? who knows.. (but I'd only need 2)..PH
        Last edited by Philzeemon; 06 July 2015, 18:43 Monday. Reason: typo

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

Pretty good idea Phil, I may give that a shot! I don't know if my boxes are good enough/worth freight costs to sell, but the crossovers work great.
          -Chuck

Comment

• Philzeemon
            • Feb 2011

Don't have the Neo-cd3's yet, projects been in the works since September last..Had problems with the front baffles de-laminating then as I procured drivers, size-ing issues,...holes too big, too small, too deep, not deep enough, (Goldielox syndrome)..Started to fix them then decided to re-make the inner and outer fronts but haven't made any holes yet.., hopes are for completion by late summer.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"