X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BCM191
    • Dec 2014

Measurments

What seams to be the software's of choice for measuring speakers in room? How does Room EQ stack up other that not being able to do much more that measure sound?
    I am looking to buy and would like some treads right ups also.
    Willing to fork out $200-$350 range but free would be better. I am able to learn so learning curve is not to much of an issue as long as theirs documentation and all is current! I would like to buy ONLY once soo...
    THANKS!!
  • 5th element
    Supreme Being Moderator
    • Sep 2009

ARTA is pretty great and is, for the most part, free. You can buy an upgraded version mind you that has additional functionality, but as is with all of these measurement programs, it's how you use them and how you interpret the data that it is important. They all work in similar ways, so the end results will always be quite similar, it's the user that matters the most and in turn which UI the user finds, out of the available options, the most suited to their way of thinking.
    What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
    5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
    Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• BCM191
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by 5th element
      ARTA is pretty great and is, for the most part, free. You can buy an upgraded version mind you that has additional functionality, but as is with all of these measurement programs, it's how you use them and how you interpret the data that it is important. They all work in similar ways, so the end results will always be quite similar, it's the user that matters the most and in turn which UI the user finds, out of the available options, the most suited to their way of thinking.
      YUP, and that's why I wanted something current, documentation '"People using it" so if a problem arises I am not SOL.. I was just on there web sight and looking at there requirements and the only thing I will need that I don't have is a Tascam US-122MK2 or eqiv. I was looking to pick one up for REQ anyway. I really like all the extra stuff it does too.

Comment

• 5th element
        Supreme Being Moderator
        • Sep 2009

Yeah ARTA is very current, is kept up to date and has a decent enough documentation. It will do a ton of stuff and the other packages it comes with, STEPS and LIMP are quite useful in and off themselves.
        What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
        5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
        Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"