X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TehMaster
    • Feb 2015

Statement II Center

Hi All,

New DIYer here, and this seems to be the best community to join and ask questions. I am looking to build the Statement IIs (L, R, C). I am going to start with the center, and once that is finished move on to the monsters that are the L/Rs. I have a few questions about the center though. Can someone please give the exact parts list (main components and crossover components) and the crossover wiring diagram? I know one of the threads had one attached but i cannot seem to download it in a large enough version.

Parts List:
    2x Dayton RS225-8 Woofers
    1x Fountek NeoCD3 Ribbon Tweeter
    2x mid-woofers (model number)???

Crossover parts:
    ???

I am using this design for the cabinet construction - i believe this is the one Jim signed off on: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Drawings.pdf

Any tips from others who have built this? What wattage is everybody using to power this?

Thanks in advance everyone!
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TehMaster
    Hi All,

New DIYer here, and this seems to be the best community to join and ask questions. I am looking to build the Statement IIs (L, R, C). I am going to start with the center, and once that is finished move on to the monsters that are the L/Rs. I have a few questions about the center though. Can someone please give the exact parts list (main components and crossover components) and the crossover wiring diagram? I know one of the threads had one attached but i cannot seem to download it in a large enough version.

Parts List:
    2x Dayton RS225-8 Woofers
    1x Fountek NeoCD3 Ribbon Tweeter
    2x mid-woofers (model number)???

Crossover parts:
    ???

I am using this design for the cabinet construction - i believe this is the one Jim signed off on: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Drawings.pdf

Any tips from others who have built this? What wattage is everybody using to power this?

Thanks in advance everyone!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	StatementsIInetworks.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	859587

The cabinet drawing is the correct one. Here is the crossover network and a BOM for Meniscus. They have all the parts available in a kit at a very good price.

Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Holtz; 12 February 2015, 09:59 Thursday.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Statements II Center Crossover (Meniscus) BOM.doc

Comment

• kevinm
        • Jun 2013

Unless you have a partial to Parts Express or shipping from meniscus is terrible for you, I would grab the kit from Meniscus as Jim recommended. It's a great deal and priced the same as PE when you add everything up. Plus, then you are sure you have all of the parts and you don't have to separately order the tweeter from somewhere else as a bonus.

The center is a very easy cabinet - hardest part for me was cutting the uber narrow strips in the back the cabinet

Comment

• TehMaster
          • Feb 2015

Thanks for the replies Jim and Kevin! I am planning to order the kit from Meniscus since it was just posted this morning. This will be my first time with a project like this and i am sure i will have a lot of questions about how the crossovers work. That part is still a bit confusing to me and i am not quite sure how to read the wiring diagram. Does anyone have any pictures of their completed crossovers i could reference? I believe that would help me make sense of everything.

Thanks!

Comment

• scardeal
            • Apr 2013

Thanks for the replies Jim and Kevin! I am planning to order the kit from Meniscus since it was just posted this morning. This will be my first time with a project like this and i am sure i will have a lot of questions about how the crossovers work. That part is still a bit confusing to me and i am not quite sure how to read the wiring diagram. Does anyone have any pictures of their completed crossovers i could reference? I believe that would help me make sense of everything.

Thanks!
            The Meniscus kit includes pre-cut boards and pictures that you can peel and stick to the boards that show the physical layout of the parts.

Comment

• TehMaster
              • Feb 2015

Very awesome. That would help me greatly. What is everyone's thoughts on using solderless crimp connectors vs soldering?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Very awesome. That would help me greatly. What is everyone's thoughts on using solderless crimp connectors vs soldering?
                I'd suggest you solder the crossover and use solder-less connects to attach to the drivers.

Jim

Comment

• TehMaster
                  • Feb 2015

Thanks Jim. That sounds like the way to go! Will hopefully be ordering all of the crossover parts today or tomorrow and i am deeply looking forward to starting this project!

Comment

• bostonmurf
                    • Jul 2014

congrats on starting the build, you won't be disappointed!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"