X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrechtVD
    • Aug 2014

Monacor SPH-145HQ

Hi all,

Someone out there who have detailed measurement of a Monacor driver: SPH-145HQ. (5 ½ inch driver)

Because with the measurement available on the site (frequency response) and the T/S- parameters, it looks like a quite nice driver for, for example a bookshelf 2-way speaker.
    Frequency response
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Monacor driver FRD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	871403

T/S-Parameters

Name:	Monacor_driver_T-S.JPG
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	871406

Because it has a not that high Vas and a good Qts to put it in a (small) vented box and with the resonant frequency of 52Hz you will get pretty low with a pretty small box.
    And then you also have a SPL of 88 dB and a nice flat frequency response.
    But I don’t find anything of the non-linear distortion or off-axis measurements. Someone?? Or where do I find in general advanced measurement of drivers??

And of course some pictures

Name:	Monacor_driver.JPG
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	871404

Name:	Monacor_driver_02.JPG
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	871405

Thanks is advance!!
    Brecht V.D.
    DIY Audio °Roads Untraveled° to me,
    °In My Remains° , those who brought me °One Step Closer° to •The Story• of beautiful audio •Up In The Air•

°Linkin Park° •30 Seconds to Mars•
  • Jonasz
    • Nov 2004

Didn't Klang & Ton have a project with these beauties?

Comment

• BrechtVD
      • Aug 2014

On this forum??
      Because I did a quick search and I didn't found anything...

But if there is one thing for sure than it’s indeed that these are beautiful drivers!!
      °In My Remains° , those who brought me °One Step Closer° to •The Story• of beautiful audio •Up In The Air•

Comment

• Jonasz
        • Nov 2004

No the german magazine.

And it was the SPH-175HQ I was thinking about.

It measured about the same as Monacors data with good dispersion up to 2kHz. Qts and Fs a little higher and Vas a little lower than Monacor.

Hope it helps, it's a driver in the same family at least... :P

Here's another test of the 175: http://www.hifitest.de/test/lautspre...sph-175hq_6957

Comment

• BrechtVD
          • Aug 2014

Lol XD
          Better googled it before posting a reply

Now I have a starting point to know what to expect from these drivers, thanks!!

Comment

• BrechtVD
            • Aug 2014

I have found measurements of the driver on that same site, I just was looking in the internet in the wrong language. Monacor is a German driver so it’s logic that I found much more in that language :W
            Hommage an ein über 40 Jahre altes Original – mit seiner neuesten Kompaktbox LS 5/19 ehrt Monacor International eine Legende der Lautsprecherwelt: die LS3/5A

And I also find that speaker you where talking about, again thanks for the help and I learned again You can’t find everything on the internet in English, almost everything but sometimes not enough
            Hommage an ein über 40 Jahre altes Original – mit seiner neuesten Kompaktbox LS 5/19 ehrt Monacor International eine Legende der Lautsprecherwelt: die LS3/5A

Comment

• Jonasz
              • Nov 2004

Yw! :d

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"