X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrechtVD
    • Aug 2014

Problem "Frequency response combiner"

Hi all,

I have some problems with the “Frequency response combiner”. First I thought it was my fault because I did something wrong, but I really tried to follow the steps as close and as good as possible from rjbaudio. It probably still is my fault, but let’s start with the problems
    So I start the excel file, and the next thing I get is the following “error”

In English it says: This action is not supported by this object (I hope I translated it as good as I can).

First I just ignored it and followed the steps of rjbaudio, loading all the files, except for the “Box measure”, because I don’t know where to find in witch box it was measured (Fountek speaker).
    Then I get these 2 screens

http://puu.sh/eDk5f/e78e9dd414.png (This looks ok)

But then I get the “real” problems when I go to the “Normalizer”
    When I push on “Extend Low Slop” to go to the next option, the text just disappears??

I don’t have that problem with the “Top Slope” so I tried to get that one right but when I want to ReSample I get the following screen…

My data of my drivers just shrinks and after a certain freq. it goes to zero…??

Anyone knows how to solve these problems?

I read that I have to put all my files together on one place on my computer, so I put them all on my desktop (start screen, don’t know how to translate it)
    I work with the new excel and have wind. 8. Don’t know if this is important??
    I also tried it on a other computer and there I got the same problems (error when I start the excel file, etc.), maybe I install it wrong, I really don’t know…

And the last thing I notice, was that the Baffle Diffraction is a positive dB, why or how can I get it negative??

Thanks in advance!!!
    Brecht V.D.
    DIY Audio °Roads Untraveled° to me,
    °In My Remains° , those who brought me °One Step Closer° to •The Story• of beautiful audio •Up In The Air•

°Linkin Park° •30 Seconds to Mars•
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I don't know if any one on this board uses that tool regularly. I don't. One clue may be that you're using new Windows, and new version of office- I'd fire off an email to RJBAudio to see if they've ever tested it with that version. The error messages you're getting sound more like software errors than user errors.
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• BrechtVD
      • Aug 2014

Can I ask then witch program you use for this.
      °In My Remains° , those who brought me °One Step Closer° to •The Story• of beautiful audio •Up In The Air•

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

I don't do that in my workflow- use a separate program for sequencing/combining measurements. I do everything in one program, mostly, Fuzzmeasure, on the Mac, with occasional assist from tools from Metric Halo like Spectrafoo, or Room EQ Wizard- all on the Mac. Room EQ Wizard is freeware and has a PC version.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• BrechtVD
          • Aug 2014

I eventually used “Frequency Response Modeller” and with the following web page it really was a program that is really easy to use. (For free I don’t ask anything more than that )

Just had some problem with my excel, like with FRC but that bad

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"