X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sachmo
    • Oct 2014

Running Finalists LCR Whaty surrounds?

Hi All:

I am running Finalists LR with the center currently being built. I am curious, what are the others with Finalists as mains using for surrounds? I would add the Statement Monitors as surrounds but there is no way for me to get them 18" off the wall. In fact all my current surrounds (HTIB speakers) are wall mounted.

So, what are you using and do you have any thoughts as a solution for me? My current config is 7.1.4 as a Dolby Atmos setup.

Thanks!
    Sachmo
  • Mr.Ed
    • Apr 2012

See post #105, I believe Jim Holtz (the designer of the Finalists) is using the Statement monitors on the wall.
    -Ed

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Mr. Ed is correct. For HT use, the Monitors work great. However, since price is similar, why not another pair of Finalists? There's not that much difference in size.

CJD has several designs that are made for on wall mounting that would also work well. The surrounds are effects channels and are much less critical for exact matching, IMHO.

HTH

Jim

Comment

• sachmo
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Mr.Ed
        http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...520#post596520

See post #105, I believe Jim Holtz (the designer of the Finalists) is using the Statement monitors on the wall.
        -Ed
        Thanks Mr. Ed!

Comment

• sachmo
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Jim Holtz
          Mr. Ed is correct. For HT use, the Monitors work great. However, since price is similar, why not another pair of Finalists? There's not that much difference in size.

CJD has several designs that are made for on wall mounting that would also work well. The surrounds are effects channels and are much less critical for exact matching, IMHO.

HTH

Jim
          Hi Jim. As much as I like the Finalists there is no way I could use them for surrounds. The Monitors would be the absolute biggest I could go and then only for the LS and RS. I would need something even smaller for the BRS and BLS. Or maybe 5.1.4 would be enough if running the Monitors as surrounds.....

I'll look at some of Curt's other designs also.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"