X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilmaui
    • Oct 2009

looks like Im gonna need a bigger house....Mini Statement questions

Well last year I built the mini's, thoroughly enjoyed the build and love the results. When I first looked at them I asked Jim Holtz' advice and he said due to the limitations of my listening room ( they sit in an alcove ) that I would be better advised to look at another build....did I listen...sorry Jim no, :B I just couldn't resist building them. So now when I want to listen properly I have to pull them out into the room. Not exactly ideal, my room is only 15x 12 with 10ft ceilings and once you pull them into the room they are probably only 6ft-7ft from you on the Sofa. I also have a small sub a 10" Polk just to fill in the bottom on some music. The Mini's are driven by an Emotiva XP2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-14.webp
Views:	70
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	939368

I know they need space so the only real solution....build a new house to put them in! Its the least they deserve! so now I have a new dilemma, the new room is going to be huge ( Jim said they needed some room!!) the new room will be 42x 22 with 12ft ceilings vaulted to 16ft, now this is an open plan room housing kitchen, dining room etc, at one end and lounge at the other. So now my minis will have room to breathe. So my question is now I need to move a lot more air! I was thinking about just building the Statement II's but then thought maybe I should just supplement the Mini's with 2 x 12" reference 500W subs from Dayton. That should move some of that air what are your thoughts/ advice?

thanks
    Neil
    Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 14:19 Thursday. Reason: Update image location
  • BobEllis
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

In a room that size I'd go for at least 2 x 18" subs from experience. Try your Minis and see if they feel strained or lack impact. Statement IIs would probably be a good choice for your mains, especially if you have the space in your floor plan to sit back a few meters. Your minis can be become overkill surrounds if you do.

Comment

• neilmaui
      • Oct 2009

thanks Bob, will see what plans I can find I know Dayton do 15's

Comment

• BobEllis
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

You can never have too many subs. :twisted: More gives you the opportunity to minimize nulls in response. See: http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompa...s/multsubs.pdf But you need to move a lot of air. In a room that size, 2 high excursion 15" subs would probably do ok into the mid 20s. But, if you want to reach into the teens with high output, you'll need more.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"