X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scardeal
    • Apr 2013

Finalists/Statement Monitors stupid question

I know what the answer probably is, but here it goes anyway...

I recently ordered the Statement Monitor kit and got it the day before all this Statement II stuff happened. It was delivered Wednesday. It's still in the box. The *only* 3 reasons I ordered it instead of the Finalists was as follows:
    1. The Finalists didn't have a matching center
    2. The Finalists didn't have the "magic" ribbon tweeter. (I know, it's total emotional infatuation here.)
    3. I want to eventually do full-sized Statements, but I didn't want to redo the center channel too.

Now I'm seeing the threads for the Statements II, Statement II center and Finalist center.

As stated there, the only difference between the S II center and the F center was the tweeter and tweeter filter on the crossover...

So here's my stupid question: Could I make a "Statement II Monitor" using the Finalist kit and replace the tweeter with the Fountek ribbon and replace the tweeter filter using the Statement Monitor tweeter filter? Would that work "right"?
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Sorry, that would be a Curt question. I'd suggest you send him an email. He's super busy and doesn't get to the forums very often these days.

Jim

Comment

• scardeal
      • Apr 2013

I'd love to. Forgive my ignorance of the forum, but what's his screen name (can I email him that way?) or email address?

Comment

• sawdust
        • May 2009

Originally posted by scardeal
        I'd love to. Forgive my ignorance of the forum, but what's his screen name (can I email him that way?) or email address?
        Go to his website. It's on there: http://speakerdesignworks.com

Comment

• scardeal
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by sawdust
          Go to his website. It's on there: http://speakerdesignworks.com
          Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"