X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jquin
    • Dec 2006

RS-225 repair

Hi All
    I love my Dayton drivers but one of the RS-225's in my M8ta had and issue where the voice coil has separated from the cone. (Fortunately I have a spare.)

Has anyone else experienced this? What glue would people suggest to join the two again.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

I haven't had any issue with my 4. Odd.
    Was this under normal usage? Do you suspect age? usage abuse? or defect?
    Parts Express does warranty their drivers for 5 years. I know your build is old. And your location isn't convenient. But, if it is a defect that can't be caused by normal usage, they might work something out for you. Give them an email with some photos.
    And post some photos here. I would like to see what you're talking about because I can't quite picture it.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

I have an RS150 that shipped with a not-quite-glued-properly cone at the VC that I still need to send back for a swap.

I'd still contact PE for options - if it's not equitable to swap, maybe they can help you repair it.

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• DeathMonk
        • Jun 2008

This issue happened with two of my 225s. I returned for a replacement at the time.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"