X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

Bessey K-Body Clearance at Lowe's?

Wasn't sure where to post this but it seems most applicable to the DIY guys. I've been at Lowe's a few times in the past month or so and every time the Bessey stuff has been on sale, even more so yesterday. The 24-inch and 50-inch models were around 25% off so I bought all of them at the two stores nearest me. Oddly, I only see the 40-inch on sale on line (at 10% off through the end of May). The 50-inch was actually cheaper than the 40-inch at my Lowe's.

I'm pretty sure Lowe's is getting rid of the Bessey stuff, just like they got rid of Knipex (and other good brands) from their electrical tools section. Just keep an eye out for further sales...
    - Danny
  • BigguyZ
    • Jan 2009

Thanks for the heads up! I checked all of the local stores, and found that prices varied store to store. Then, I went to my closest store and had them match, I got 2 each of the 24", 40", and 50" clamps.

Also, they were selling bunch of nice wrenches for really cheap. 7 piece sets for $2!

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Interesting... if I wasn't so stocked up all ready, I'd be jumping on this. Thanks for the heads up anyway!
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• BOBinGA
        • Mar 2009

But Danny, I thought you were getting out of the speaker building business.

-Bob
        -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
        My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
        The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

• technodanvan
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by BigguyZ
          Thanks for the heads up! I checked all of the local stores, and found that prices varied store to store. Then, I went to my closest store and had them match, I got 2 each of the 24", 40", and 50" clamps.

Also, they were selling bunch of nice wrenches for really cheap. 7 piece sets for $2!
          I saw those sets too, I wonder if they're changing their supplier? I'm glad you got a few of them at any rate, it'll be interesting to see if they actually restock them.

I need another 24" myself, I got stuck with 3 of them yesterday (and 4 50" models)...I dislike having an odd number of clamps.

Originally posted by BOBinGA
          But Danny, I thought you were getting out of the speaker building business.

-Bob
          The wife still demands furniture. *sigh*
          - Danny

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

Thanks for this heads up! The discount shows on their website as well, 20% off the 24" and 40", through 5/30/14.
            -Chuck

Comment

• cjd
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Dec 2004

i'll be having to stop by this weekend for sure! Thanks for letting us know.
              diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• technodanvan
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by impala454
                Thanks for this heads up! The discount shows on their website as well, 20% off the 24" and 40", through 5/30/14.
                Originally posted by cjd
                i'll be having to stop by this weekend for sure! Thanks for letting us know.
                You might want to stop by again!

I was in the section today and the sale has expanded to include many of their other clamps as well as their vises. Mostly 10% off, but some of the "odder" products were 20-25% or so. Also the 40" K-Body clamps were further reduced, so I bought the rest of those too. Other products that has previously been on sale were discounted further (in some cases).

As an FYI, you can save another 10% or so if the clamp in question is missing parts. Seems like a good number are missing pads and the K-Body clamps have been missing the exterior black pieces, along with clamp supports. If something looks off it doesn't hurt to ask them to reduce the price further, especially if you're gonna buy it anyway.

You always save ANOTHER 10% if you are active duty military (woohoo!) OR happen to have acquired one of the moving coupons. They don't double up, unfortunately.
                - Danny

Comment

• Hank
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2002

A man cannot have too many clamps - go for it!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"