X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zirokoku
    • Sep 2013

3 way help

Hi to all

I currently have an active powered version of the Seas Bifrost 2 way system. It uses the T29CF002 tweeter and the W18NX001 mid woofer.

I am planning to convert this into an actively powered 3 way system by adding a 10" woofer, all three drivers in a new speaker enclosure. I originally considered using Seas W26FX002 or Eton 11-581/50 drivers but the cost of these is becoming prohibitive.

Dayton RS270 has emerged as a contender. I am thinking 56 l sealed box for the woofer with sealed separate compartment for the W18NX001.

I would appreciate some comment on the proposed system.

Regards

Zirokoku
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

The RS270 is a superb driver - its biggest drawback is the need for an exceptionally large box.

With an active build, you could also use the Dayton RSS265HF-4 - it takes a smaller box, reaches deeper, and has very low distortion to boot.

You MUST have a separate compartment for the woofer and mid - they can not share box volume.

What active crossover system are you using?

C

Originally posted by zirokoku
    Hi to all

I currently have an active powered version of the Seas Bifrost 2 way system. It uses the T29CF002 tweeter and the W18NX001 mid woofer.

I am planning to convert this into an actively powered 3 way system by adding a 10" woofer, all three drivers in a new speaker enclosure. I originally considered using Seas W26FX002 or Eton 11-581/50 drivers but the cost of these is becoming prohibitive.

Dayton RS270 has emerged as a contender. I am thinking 56 l sealed box for the woofer with sealed separate compartment for the W18NX001.

I would appreciate some comment on the proposed system.

Regards

Zirokoku
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• zirokoku
      • Sep 2013

Hi

Thanks for that. Yes, the box size was going to be a problem with WAF.

I have gone ahead with Vifa NE265W-8 in 45l enclosure, because of the size an since it appears to be more of a woofer than a subwoofer.

I am using mini DSP (2) with mini DIGI fed from Squeezebox Touch for an all digital process. The amp is nxV203 (2) from aussieamps.

Yes, the mid enclosure will be separate to the main one. I am thinking 4.5 l with acustat filled vent (separate to the main vent). Or maybe sealed. Have not decided yet. Any suggestions on this one?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"