Ardent inspired sub project : element and amps arrived...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TEK
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by bafflesteppe
    That looks great, TEK! Do you have a way to lock the plunge depth/height?

I had the blade height locking knob strip out on my Lowe's-purchased table saw recently and was wondering why my rabbets (using a dado blade) weren't sitting level with eachother, lol. That was a fun one.
    No, I don't. But you have a very good point and I have experienced that the depth as changed a bit after some use. But not mutch, and only a few times.
    Maybe I should add some kind of locking mechanism? Would probably have to be something that locks the rod itself. Maybe somekind of brake that could be switched on/off?
    -TEK

Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working...

Comment

• bafflesteppe
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by TEK
      No, I don't. But you have a very good point and I have experienced that the depth as changed a bit after some use. But not mutch, and only a few times.
      Maybe I should add some kind of locking mechanism? Would probably have to be something that locks the rod itself. Maybe somekind of brake that could be switched on/off?
      Easiest way looks like to take the handle and hardware off, then throw a large diameter flat washer on with a large wing nut that you can tighten slightly against that U-notch in the wood the all-thread stud passes through. Just a little bit of pressure would keep it from rotating, especially using the bearings to keep everything straight.

Edit: Ha! Or a flat washer, spring, flat washer to keep constant pressure (like this idea). You'd have to get the length right so it'd work at all adjustments... or add yet another nut to adjust that as well.
      AviaTrix ported tower | Tritrix ported bookshelf | Overnight Sensation MT

Pioneer VSX-820 | Dual 1009 | TCC TC-750

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"