X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueBeardo
    • Dec 2011

Overnight Sensations 2X

I will be building two sets of the Overnight sensations. I bought and received the kits from Meniscus and will be starting on the build shortly. The speakers are actually gifts for my 2 year old daughter and my soon to be born son (end of February, so better get going). I be will doing a build thread here, I enjoyed all the responses I got last time I did a build thread. I'm going to try and be more thorough this time.

I was planning on building a "control center" for each of them. I want to make them match the speakers. I have some old Galaxy S Android phones that I would like to use as a controller to deliver music. I was planning on mounting/resting them on the control center. I'm not quite sure what to use to power the speakers though. I've seen good reviews for the Lepai Amp, but I would prefer to make my own enclosure. How does this compare to something like this Dayton DTA-2? Is it worse, better, or are they both junk for powering these speakers?
  • joeybutts
    • Sep 2009

Luckiest lil'uns I know!! These are WAY overperforming speakers. Can't wait to see the outcome!!

I like headroom so I go say with the greater of the two. 50W or better.

Comment

• BlueBeardo
      • Dec 2011

They are both the same watts, 15 watts per channel. From what I have heard the Lepai seems like it will do well. I think I might just get the Lepai and gut the internals, since it comes the power supply and all.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"