X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swinginguitar
    • Dec 2012

Swope TM Ported

anyone tried a swope tm build in a reflex design?

would significant changes to xover be needed?
  • Riley212
    • Nov 2012

I asked about putting them in a Transmision line cabinet and ended up getting a sweet design for a Mass loaded transmision line cab from Paul K- a good designer. heres the thread http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?235018-Swope-MT-in-a-TL-cabinet

i didn't end up building them so ill share t as much as possible

As long as you keep the baffle width and driver positions the same relative to the top and side edges you dont need to redo the crossover. Paul talks about doing a .5 cu ft cab in the swope tm write up but never gives dimensions. I bet if you emailed him from his website he would spec some out for you.

Comment

• swinginguitar
      • Dec 2012

I actually did email him and his response leads me to believe he's working on it for me....fingers crossed. I'm thinking front vent like the MTMs...

So you are saying baffle width should stay the same, but could be taller?

Anyone care to comment on how you think a ported Swope TM would compare to the Zaph ZA5 2 way?

Also, any thoughts on the upgraded tweeter (SB) for this project that Meniscus offers?

Comment

• Riley212
        • Nov 2012

I think that ported Swope TMs will have a little more low end than the za5.2 but after that SQ would be a tossup.

Yes as long as you keep the baffle width and driver postions, relative to the top edge, the same you can make them as tall as you want.

The SB tweeter would probably sound great buts seems kind of overkill, basically you are buying less harmonic distortion, which the M5A has a bit of anyways.
        Last edited by Riley212; 16 January 2013, 19:20 Wednesday.

Comment

• swinginguitar
          • Dec 2012

So Paul did respond with a suggested tuning for a ported Swope TM build (in a .375cuft cab).

i'm really torn now on whether to build that (with SB tweeter) or the ZA5.2.

the FR of the Zaph seems flatter, which is appealing as I'm looking for accuracy and detail, but the SB tweeter seems to be the real deal.

Bass response really isn't an issue as I will add sub(s) later.

Aesthetically the ZA look appeals to me...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"