~3" Full Rangers, what do you recommend?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlneubec
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

~3" Full Rangers, what do you recommend?

I'm looking for input and recommendations on small dia. full range drivers. Let's assume you want it to cover from a 200-300hz and above.

Tang Band has a ton of them, Fountek has a few, Dayton, Fostex, Vifa and Mark Audio also. What have you tried and what do you prefer?
    Dan N.
  • Jonasz
    • Nov 2004

I'm using the SS10F, although only between 1 and 6kHz, and it sound wonderful, very natural. :P

Comment

• NPE
      • Sep 2008

http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker18.html (In case!)

Comment

• Hank
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2002

The back cover ad on the new P.E. catalog is a Celestion ad for its new small drivers: "Seems like all of a sudden, compact arrays are big business. So talk to Celestion about our range of high performance, small-format drivers."
        It seems these are the topic:

Comment

• $ree
          • Jul 2009

Vifa TG9

Comment

• Deward Hastings
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by $ree
            Vifa TG9
            +1

I don't see it giving up much, if anything, to the similar Scan and Seas drivers (that cost 3 times as much).

Comment

• cymohn
              • Dec 2012

Not sure of your application but I have Mark Audio Alpair 7.3 and 6Ps both doing duty in my office full range. The 7.3's in particular are extraordinary in the amount of detail they retrieve comparing more than favorably against my stalwart Olson Ariels. They sound louder than their sensitivity would imply, thanks to a degree of built in BSC. The 6Ps are softer in the HF and a bit less neutral than the 7.3's.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"