X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dougc
    • Jan 2010

Classix II with the Zaph ZDT3.5

I'm building a 7.1 for my parent's new house, and am trying to keep it within a reasonable price, but also a good bang for the buck for them. I have budgeted $750 for LCR, $400 for 4 surrounds, and $200 for the patio. So $1350 before building materials. My folks are nearing 70, like to watch movies, and listen to music all the time they are home at lowish levels, but my dad wants to be able to get some volume if he wants for music. I already have the sub started, SI 18" sealed.

I'm thinking ZDTs for the LCR and the Classix II for the rest. Do you guys have any other ideas I should look at for this project instead of these?

Thanks!
    Doug
  • oneplustwo
    • Jan 2010

If you're going to have a sub anyway, another option is to not go with full towers for LCR. Don't get me wrong, I love my own ZDT's, but just trying to save you some complexity.

If you're a Zaph fan as I am, perhaps you can go with one of the ZA5 variations throughout? Then you're matching all the speakers with the same drivers throughout. And you still have the flexibility to choose which iteration of ZA5 will work best for each of the 7 speakers. That will save you some build time too since you have the same size driver holes to make throughout, same size recesses, etc.

Just another option to consider.
    Zaph SR-71
    Zaph ZDT 3.5
    Sunflower Redux
    12" Dayton HF sub
    CJD RS 150 MT
    Revelator bookshelf
    2x12 Guitar cab
    Corner loaded line array

Comment

• dougc
      • Jan 2010

Complexity I like! A downside of the LCR for this is that they and the subs have to be hidden in a 24" tall by 10' wide cabinet that also houses the rack. If it is a MTWW setup, then the drivers have to be side-by-side in a wider and deeper cabinet. I can make these up to 20" wide and 22" tall. One of the 12" driver SEOS designs was one of the other suggestions in another forum.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"