X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meb46
    • Jul 2010

Curved Panels

Just found this on the web... might be good for some curved sided DIY cabinets... who's keen...

Curvomatic, the World's only complete system for the manufacture of curved, glue laminated and thermoformed panels for wood and plastic
  • meb46
    • Jul 2010

Oops... looks like someone has already tried it out...

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Wow those are amazing looking

Comment

• 5th element
        Supreme Being Moderator
        • Sep 2009

Curvomatic looks very useful, those speakers do look amazing, fantastic build thread too for those needing ideas about how to do things the easy way. Can't say I'm too fond of the dark red sides and very light front, but that's only a minor issue
        What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
        5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
        Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• BigguyZ
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by 5th element
          Curvomatic looks very useful, those speakers do look amazing, fantastic build thread too for those needing ideas about how to do things the easy way. Can't say I'm too fond of the dark red sides and very light front, but that's only a minor issue
          I actually love the look. However, I'm not a big fan of the cathedral grain on the baffles. I'd go for a birds eye maple, or even a plain maple. Let the bubinga on the sides be the show stopper.

Regarding the Curvomatic- it's slick, but I don't see how that's much better than using cauls and your typical straps.

Comment

• 5th element
            Supreme Being Moderator
            • Sep 2009

I think that's the point, it's slick, I think though that it probably produces a more even clamping force.
            What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
            5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
            Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"