X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PACKYDYRM
    • Sep 2012

Learning the ropes

I was wondering where can a newbie, such as myself, learn how to use and understand all the software for crossover design and, of course making sense of it all. As I said I am still learning but I do have lots of enthusiasm and passion for this hobby.
    "LEAD,FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY"
  • cjd
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2004

The software isn't the hard part. It just handles all the math for you, which is a tremendous time-saver.

There's lots of good info (and bad info, sadly) to be found. Paul C has put together some great basics. The list of books at the very bottom is worth jumping to, and some of his other FAQ stuff is worth reading.

Without knowing more about where you're coming from (i.e. what's your background) it's pretty tough to be more specific.

Also, most of the threads here have TONS of good info interspersed.

C
    diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

I highly recommend building a simple, already designed project to start, even if it's not something you plan to keep for good. It's a great way to run through the entire process. I built a TriTrix Center Channel and it was a great first project. Welcome to the addiction.... er... club! :B
      -Chuck

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"