X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squidspeak
    • Jun 2012

Airborne RT4001 tweeter

Has anyone used
    Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:26 Thursday.
  • Evil Twin
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

It looks like a good possibility for a 3 way system with a 2500 Hz or high crossover, and easy to work with due to the linear impedance curve. This might lower the crossover parts count compared with a good $80 SS tweeter like the D2608- the question remains whether it would match the dispersion or distortion. But given your other driver choices, I expect cost savings is what you're really looking for.
    DFAL
    Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• CraigJ
      • Feb 2006

Squid,

You've probably been following this thread at PE; http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...irborne+RT4001 You might want to email Jeff Bagby and see if he followed up on re-measuring his tweeter.

Craigj

Comment

• Squidspeak
        • Jun 2012

Airborne RT4001

Originally posted by CraigJ
        Squid,

You've probably been following this thread at PE; http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...irborne+RT4001 You might want to email Jeff Bagby and see if he followed up on re-measuring his tweeter.

Craigj
        Craig,
        Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:24 Thursday. Reason: lack of

Comment

• Undefinition
          • Dec 2006

I crossed it at 2000 Hz to a Seas Excel 5.5" woofer. Sounded great! (it was just for kicks. not a project I would expect anyone to build) I think it could work with the M5A just fine, crossed around 2000 Hz. Not a simple crossover, mind you. The M5A needs a notch filter and the AMT needs a contour filter up high. But other than that, it should work.
          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
          Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• Squidspeak
            • Jun 2012

Airborne RT4001

[QUOTE=Undefinition]good day
            Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:20 Thursday. Reason: lack of

Comment

• Undefinition
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Squidspeak
              Paul thanks for the input, I have gotten alot of feedback saying
              that those drivers would not meet each other. I was thinking of 2500hz.
              as the X-over point to be a happy medium, what's your opinion? Also I
              was considering the BG neo3 for this project (3-way tower) what's your
              opinion on which driver would mate to the M5A?
              Thanks Mike
              I think the M5A would make an interesting partner (or the not-yet-spotted-in-the-wild L6-4R) . The M6A is a great woofer, too, but I kind of already did that with the ZX Spectrum (with great results, if I may say so). Also, it seems to like a bigger box.

You're making me want to try pairing the M5A with the Airborne AMT just to prove that it would work. What size cabinet did you have in mind?

Comment

• Squidspeak
                • Jun 2012

Airborne RT4001

[QUOTE=Undefinition]I think the M5A would make an interesting partner (or the not-yet-spotted
                Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:22 Thursday. Reason: Lack of response

Comment

• Undefinition
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Squidspeak
                  I have been seeking input about the Airborne being able to mate with
                  the M5A. I thought about a 2500hz. X-over point, what's your opinion?
                  I don't think the M5A will go that high. I think the highest I would push it is 2200 Hz, because the response gets ragged, and the breakup mode needs to have room to be suppressed.

Comment

• Squidspeak
                    • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=Undefinition
                    Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:11 Thursday. Reason: needed to change questions

Comment

• gbegland
                      • Apr 2005

Do you already have the M5? You could consider the SB mid:

This page has been removed, but Madisound has thousands of loudspeaker parts. Contact us today at info@madisound.com.

smooth enough to cross higher for the Airborne to be comfortable.

Greg

Comment

• Squidspeak
                        • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=gbegland]Do you
                        Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:13 Thursday.

Comment

• Squidspeak
                          • Jun 2012

good day
                          Last edited by Squidspeak; 13 September 2012, 19:09 Thursday. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"