X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mph33
    • Jul 2012

stone veneer?

looking for a realistic stone veneer to cover some mini statements. I thought I seen a link for real stone like veneer on avs but the link disappeared. I'm not looking for stone panels LOL. something that looks like marble... vinyl wrap? any ideas?
  • Brewski
    • Jan 2010

Over at PE there's been some discussion on counter top paint apparently the experiment seems to be working out well although I've not seen pictures of it yet. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...untertop+paint

You could also search for counter top veneer to see other options out there.

Take it easy
    Jay
    Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
    Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
    Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
    Levitation TM
    - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

• NPE
      • Sep 2008

You could probably use cheap fake (plastic/rubber whatever the material, hopefully without the 'tile' pattern lol) flooring and I think I remember some using it with decent results... No idea on the thickness, look, etc., but I guess you could always check it out at a local store, maybe even purchase a single 'tile' and test it out for yourself on a simple panel. They're probably sold in large sheets which might be awesome, not sure how easy/hard it would be to apply, also I guess for the edges you could use a heat gun or similar to bend it... Not sure how well it would bend though, I guess that would depend on thickness...

Well not much help, but I was thinking about it too before deciding on carbon fiber wrap, and the wrap just seemed a much simpler solution in the end.

Comment

• onyxbfly
        • Aug 2011

Wilsonart Laminate...Nuff Said....

This website is for sale! wilsonarthd.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, wilsonarthd.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

enjoy.

Comment

• richnen
          • Jul 2010

Nothing like the real thing http://www.htguide.com/forum/attachment.php4?attachmentid=&stc=1g!
          Attached Files
          Seas Idunn
          ZA5.2
          ZA5.3CC
          SB Acoustics 12" sub
          Statement Monitors
          CLD M5B

Comment

• richnen
            • Jul 2010

Attached Files
            Seas Idunn
            ZA5.2
            ZA5.3CC
            SB Acoustics 12" sub
            Statement Monitors
            CLD M5B

Comment

• richnen
              • Jul 2010

Attached Files
              Seas Idunn
              ZA5.2
              ZA5.3CC
              SB Acoustics 12" sub
              Statement Monitors
              CLD M5B

Comment

• richnen
                • Jul 2010

Attached Files
                Seas Idunn
                ZA5.2
                ZA5.3CC
                SB Acoustics 12" sub
                Statement Monitors
                CLD M5B

Comment

• Squidspeak
                  • Jun 2012

Outwater Plastics in N.J. has stone veneers like what you described,pretty
                  much applied like other laminates. I have not used the product but looks
                  very interesting.

Comment

• benchtester
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by mph33
                    looking for a realistic stone veneer to cover some mini statements. I thought I seen a link for real stone like veneer on avs but the link disappeared. I'm not looking for stone panels LOL. something that looks like marble... vinyl wrap? any ideas?
                    I've built electronic boxes out of Corian. Your can polish it to a high gloss finish if you want. It should work for speakers. I don't like the shavings; if you don't clean them up right away, they break into a fine dust.

While it looks like marble, it is mineral filled acrylic. It cuts relatively normal with carbide saws and bits.

Comment

• Squidspeak
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by benchtester
                      I've built electronic boxes out of Corian. Your can polish it to a high gloss finish if you want. It should work for speakers. I don't like the shavings; if you don't clean them up right away, they break into a fine dust.

While it looks like marble, it is mineral filled acrylic. It cuts relatively normal with carbide saws and bits.
                      Ther are many generic "Corian's" all called solid surface materials for
                      way less $$ than Corian, although Dupont invented the stuff, they work
                      pretty much the same.

Comment

• Rolex
                        • Mar 2005

Another vote for plastic laminate (P-lam) as listed above. Don't stop at wilsonart though. Pionite, Formica, etc... also has the same thing. Super easy to apply with contact cement. No other finishing required. Go to the local big box home improvement store. They'll have all kinds samples for you to look at. You can get most of them in a high gloss or a matte, whatever your preference is.

Comment

• mph33
                          • Jul 2012

that cab looks awesome... couldn't imagine how sweet they sound... especially with those revelator drivers!

Comment

• richnen
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by mph33
                            that cab looks awesome... couldn't imagine how sweet they sound... especially with those revelator drivers!
                            Thanks!

They are Clearwaves M5B and sound fantastic and are my favorite looking speaker, especially mounted on the granite stands.

As good as they sound the Accuton/ScanSpeak Be design is the best sounding speaker I have heard. This was a custom design also by Jed Kuntz at Clearwave. I fabricated the cabinets here in San Diego and shipped them to NY for Jed to work his magic and then were shipped back here. The results were well worth the time, effort and cost. I can only imagine how good his Symphonia 72R sounds!!
                            Seas Idunn
                            ZA5.2
                            ZA5.3CC
                            SB Acoustics 12" sub
                            Statement Monitors
                            CLD M5B

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"