X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneplustwo
    • Jan 2010

Speaker "management"

Hey folks,

How do you all manage all the various speakers you build? Do you have them all in one room and pick and choose what to listen to? Do you mothball some in storage somewhere until you feel like listening to them again? Do you sell them or give them away to friends/family? Do you put them in different rooms with their own amplifiers/electronics?

As you can see in my sig, I'm starting to amass more speakers than I have room for. And there are a couple more on the way. I'm loathe to sell them... they're sort of like my kids. Although I guess that's always an option. Any ideas would be welcome... especially if the WAF is high. =)

Thanks!
    Zaph SR-71
    Zaph ZDT 3.5
    Sunflower Redux
    12" Dayton HF sub
    CJD RS 150 MT
    Revelator bookshelf
    2x12 Guitar cab
    Corner loaded line array
  • dar47
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by oneplustwo
    Hey folks,

How do you all manage all the various speakers you build? Do you have them all in one room and pick and choose what to listen to? Do you mothball some in storage somewhere until you feel like listening to them again? Do you sell them or give them away to friends/family? Do you put them in different rooms with their own amplifiers/electronics?

As you can see in my sig, I'm starting to amass more speakers than I have room for. And there are a couple more on the way. I'm loathe to sell them... they're sort of like my kids. Although I guess that's always an option. Any ideas would be welcome... especially if the WAF is high. =)

Thanks!
    Hum,

1. home theater area. 11.1 and 2 channel.
    2. living room 2 channel
    3. master bed room 3.1 theater or 2 channel.
    4. some deck or patio speaks.
    5. garage system.
    6. kids systems
    7. any family members that that will pay for at least the materials.
    8. first build for friends to get them hooked.
    9. any body that comes over and says where did you get the nice speaks.
    10. sale current system for new better system or just to try a new design.

Anything after that you may as well just start doing it for a living. :B

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

At least for smaller speakers it is generally pretty reasonable to put them into bedrooms, an office, kitchen, etc. for a smaller system. Just don't get carried away with nice amps and whatnot in these areas - smaller Class-T amps from Parts Express can get the job done just fine for low-power applications. Coupled with wireless streaming you could have music wherever you wanted. I'm not an Apply guy, but from my understanding Airplay + an iPad or iPod Touch works really slick. I'm sure there are alternative that work just as well.

Bigger speakers could have a place in a family room or garage...depending on how nice your speakers and garage are!

Otherwise I'd give less expensive models to family and friends, or sell them at cost to the same.
      - Danny

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

Almost every room. When the Nebbiolo gets finished, that'll be family room and the Ansonica will go into the bedroom finally. 7.1HT, stereo in kitchen, family/dining, living room, office... have a guest room to cover still, very possibly the second half of the basement... some have been given as gifts too. And a couple mothballed commercial projects.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• rvsixer
          • Sep 2008

I'm about to start a Sunflower build, but if you have given thought to selling yours please PM me....

Comment

• oneplustwo
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by rvsixer
            I'm about to start a Sunflower build, but if you have given thought to selling yours please PM me....
            PM sent...
            Zaph SR-71
            Zaph ZDT 3.5
            Sunflower Redux
            12" Dayton HF sub
            CJD RS 150 MT
            Revelator bookshelf
            2x12 Guitar cab
            Corner loaded line array

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"